Stressed about sorting mothers house.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I'm just letting everyone know that I had a
birthday tea with my friend in one of our favourite cafes. Yes I had a good chat and she has been listening to what I have been going through for the last five years. However she's gone through a lot herself and come out the other end. My brother sent birthday wishes and I had cards and presents from both brothers. My SIL even texted to let me know which restaurants were doing 'Rishi' meals.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou, you two. Of course I could have done without the other business and my brother said that I could have let him know about that I had checked the Probate declaration. My head was all over the place and I know there will be difficult times to come but I'll get through it somehow or other.

MaNaAk

CWR

Mar 17, 2019
I'm really glad that you feel better; I am sure you will get there!:)

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I will just deal with my brothers with to the house at the moment but there will be times when I have a break to do other things because I find it stressful as I live on my own. However I have wonderful friends on this forum and off this forum.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hello MaNaAk morning glad you had nice birthday. there seems to be 2 stresses dealing with your brothers and dealing with the house and put together its like a double whammy. please look after yourself

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou Jenny,

I will get through this but there might when I have to step back and do pleasant things. The grief of losing dad got to me earlier but
it would be nice to get and see my pupils again.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Thankyou Jenny,

I will get through this but there might when I have to step back and do pleasant things. The grief of losing dad got to me earlier but
it would be nice to get and see my pupils again.

MaNaAk
i bet it would and your pupils probably miss you as well. i will miss you as well if you feel you need to pull back. you are the most amazing lady and although i wouldnt want to lose you ever i would appreciate it if you needed distance. i would miss the contact and wouldnt like it but if needed. i hope but at the end of the day you have got to do what is best for you. i would be truly sorry and miss you so much. have a nice day and hopefullywe will speak thanks so much very sad jenny

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

I haven't looked my emails today not just so that I can avoid emails from my brothers
but because I've to catch up with other things and of course I was quite busy yesterday. On Monday when I found a couple I spent half the afternoon doing some research and other things including work for my pupils and applying for the government grant got left behind. I just what to confirm that I am not avoiding them but I realise I could get bogged down with this.

I'm grateful to offload here and I had a good day yesterday eventhough I wonder what is in my mailbox.

Thankyou all for being so supportive.

MaNaAk

CWR

Mar 17, 2019
Just to let you know, I think you are doing marvellously; dealing with grief AND difficult siblings AND the legal complexities that follow on from a death is not an easy thing at all. If you do find yourself too busy to log on here, rest assured we will still be thinking of you. People talk at times about the negative aspects of the internet, but there are many positive ones, like sites like this and the way it allows people to support each other, sometimes in ways that family can't, or won't. Take care, Charles

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou Charles,

I will be still coming on here but when I deal my brothers and the house. I may need to step back from dealing from time to time and continue with my work and also looking after the house. I work with anxiety but I will plod on.

Hope you're okay.

I will try to get to the cemetery this week as well.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear Charles,

I have just had a chat with HMRC online and it seems we have to pay any tax that is due first but am I working to the time frame of at least three weeks. In other looking at available properties and doing clearing. I've done quite well on my own and I am amazed that invisibles can be robotic when it comes to dealing with memories.

Natrah

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Very very belated Happy Birthday @MaNaAk !
I'm not on TP very much now - but just had a quick glimpse this morning.
Sorry for the late wishes, hope you had a happy day and that you manage to get everything sorted without too much angst.
X

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Dear Charles,

I have just had a chat with HMRC online and it seems we have to pay any tax that is due first but am I working to the time frame of at least three weeks. In other looking at available properties and doing clearing. I've done quite well on my own and I am amazed that invisibles can be robotic when it comes to dealing with memories.

Natrah

@MaNaAk My brother was going to throw all of the memories in the dustbin but I stopped him and rescued the important things like photo's and special nicknacks.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou you two. Just looked at my emails and it looks like the elder of my two brothers has made a list of what needs to be done and of course it's all too much for one person. They can come and help once I've recovered from the last visit.

MaNaAk

CWR

Mar 17, 2019
Thankyou Charles,

I will be still coming on here but when I deal my brothers and the house. I may need to step back from dealing from time to time and continue with my work and also looking after the house. I work with anxiety but I will plod on.

Hope you're okay.

I will try to get to the cemetery this week as well.

MaNaAk
Next week will be my first full week back at work; we have normal hours but still only letting the public in to return and collect, so it feels weird. I went to Morrisons today, first time since before lockdown.Also, this week I bumped into some friends while out, so that was a bonus. I still don't know if I feel comfortable eating indoors, after the Aberdeen pub that sparked a local lockdown. Strange days indeed. Take care,
Charles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lesley&john