Stressed about sorting mothers house.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
If your local council recycling acceepts it you can put it in paper bags or envelopes and put it in the recycling bin. Or if you know anyone with small animal pets they sometimes use them for bedding. You can also put small amounts in a compost bin.

My friend used it for her hamsters.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

Just letting you all know that I am composing an email to my brothers about probate and the house to keep them updated.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou CWR.

I keep checking it to make sure thing runs as smoothly as possible. Ideally I would like everyone to be happy and we should all be supporting each other!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

I know this is silly but I'm nervous of sending this email off although I have decided to phone my brothers after.

MaNaAk

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Hello @MaNaAk . It's always nerve-wracking sending an e-mail concerning things which are, or have been, contentious. Good to have things in writing though so that everyone knows where they stand and there are no misunderstandings. You have control! I say press send, then reward yourself with a cup of tea and a stroll to get some distance from it.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yes! I'm just about to send. Then I will disappear and do other stuff before going to get fish and chips and phone a friend. I know that by not leaving home when I was younger I have created this problem but I also ask myself that after all the caring why can't carers have more compassion from family?

MaNaAk

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Hi MaNaAk
I've been following your posts. I have trouble with my cousins over my uncles estate, he didn't make a will, so I'm really sympathetic for you.
Did you pluck up the courage to send your email?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @Susan11,

Yes I sent the email and it was diplomatic but because of what's been going on you don't know how they'll react. Also as they don't talk to each other and the pandemic an email had to be sent so that they know what's been packed and both brothers have a choice of what to keep.

I haven't had any phone calls but I am not looking forward to checking my emails. Also if I had left home and stayed where I studied who would have looked after dad prior to going into the home? The fish and chips were lovely and my area has had a lot of awards for fish and chips.

MaNaAk

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Don't let those brothers make you doubt yourself after all the care and support you gave your Dad. You should be proud of the decisions you've made @MaNaAk . Keep singing "Sisters are doing it for themselves" to keep your strength up. Have a good day.

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
The guidance about not being in another house is only guidance and you are entitled to apply common sense without breaking the law. The idea of social distancing is to avoid contact with other households, meaning the people, not the furniture. As the virus doesn't live on surfaces for more than a few days you can obviously go into a house that has been empty for a while and you don't have to worry about social distancing from the furniture. What you are advised not to do is to get close to people who live in more than one other household.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone,

I will be looking at my emails after I have taught my pupil at about 5 pm. I don't see that I written anything upsetting but I am still nervous so I will respond but I may do what @lemonbalm suggested again. It shouldn't be like this and I do miss picking up the phone and chatting but I don't like being 'got to think of others' or 'your behaviour is abominable'.

MaNaAk

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
I have a cartoon image in my mind of the two brothers as seagulls swooping down to pinch the chips. Hold that image in your mind @MaNaAk . It will make the e-mailing less scary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa