Strange voices and feelings unsure of weather its real or not? advice please?

seagull50

Dec 13, 2014
North Devon
Im 54 and have early mixed dementia diagnosed 3 months ago. Sometimes im laying here sometimes im about to drop off, and I begin to see or hear things, voices, and it just feels so real, I think its real at the time, it can be very scary does anyone sometimes feel this? is it part and parcel of whats to come, or down to meds? would appreciate any info or others experiences on this. bless you all xxx Im on rivestene patches.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
As it so happens, seagull, I have been tidying up a load of papers and came across an AS fact sheet called 'sight, perception and hallucinations in dementia'. It's number 527. I read it over lunch and was a surprised his many of OHs problems seem to be described here, he also has mixed dementia.
I'm no good at links, but may nitram or someone will link it for you, otherwise do a search for it. I feel you might find it useful.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
It could be down to the medication. In any case, it would be a good idea to talk about this symptom to your doctor.

Of course, people with a wide range of conditions (not dementia related) do hear voices. In our GP surgery a couple of years ago they were looking for people who hear voices to join a research project. As my wife did and does, I looked into it and they didn't want people with dementia.:( I suppose that suggests that it's not uncommon in people who don't have dementia.