Strange night is this part of my diagnosis

Trish2

Nov 29, 2021
I have a dual diagnosis of vascular dementia and alzheimer's i am 53, i am in the very early stages and was informed of diagnosis 2 months ago, i am currently working my notice at work, my alarm goes off everyday at 7, this morning I got up and looked at my clock and thought I would get up as my alarm was about to go off, after morning routine of coffee, breakfast and shower, I went to check my emails my phone said 3.40am I felt really confused and adament my phone was wrong I woke my husband to ask him what was wrong with my phone. My husband said not to worry but it is worrying me is this part of my diagnosis, I take 20mg of memantine.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Welcome to TP @Trish2
That must have been really disconcerting for you. I suppose only time will tell if it was just a one off or something more.
Please keep posting as you’ll get lots of support here.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Trish2

Try not to worry too much. You might have mis read the time on the clock, whether from some form of shadow in the room or something unknown.

It happened to me only once I`ll admit but as soon as I read your post I recognised the feeling.

I would just make a note of it in case it does happen again.

Eogz

Sep 9, 2021
Hi Trish,
I'm having similar issues, currently trying to rule out dementia (just waiting for the results of my MRI and a Neurology appt), I'm having a good few days at the moment so posting like mad before it goes away again.
I get waves of feeling really good and then either I notice something or my partner does that brings that crashing down again.
I was pushing at a door, with some frustration the other week, though on reading the sign it did say pull, but I know I read push beforehand. This seems like a nothing, but it was huge for me. There are other things like that, which happen as well.
It's easy done and crafty how the brain fools us.
I don't know what is up with me for sure, but I know something is.
There is lots of support on here from people experiencing early stage issues.
Try to be kind to yourself, it's really hard to be not frustrated at yourself.

Trish2

Nov 29, 2021
Thank you I know it is so hard I go from thinking they have the wrong diagnosis to realising I have left the hob on, forgotten dinner is cooking, found biscuits in the freezer then it smacks me in the face this is real and I have to admit I am staying positive but I am also scared at the same time, thank you for all your replies this feels like a lonely journey at times.

clarinet

Dec 11, 2021
Thank you I know it is so hard I go from thinking they have the wrong diagnosis to realising I have left the hob on, forgotten dinner is cooking, found biscuits in the freezer then it smacks me in the face this is real and I have to admit I am staying positive but I am also scared at the same time, thank you for all your replies this feels like a lonely journey at times.
Hi Trish
it must be utterly scary. I think the sooner you can work a new plan of positive actions and take part in things like Train The Brain. You will feel calmer and more settled. Exercise, keeping socially active, healthy eating will be ways to fight and walk forward. But it will take time to sort it all out. Good luck and keep posting.