Strange morning inability to move

Jacey

Jul 10, 2013
Norfolk
Hello everyone. Have any of you experienced an apparent inability to move which suddenly wears off? My husband cannot get out of bed some mornings, can't even sit up. This can last for half an hour or several hours and no one can move him - even paramedics who took him to hospital the first time had to lift him out between them on his sheet. I am told that it could be his brain telling him that he can't move and there is nothing wrong with his legs. We can't make any arrangements to go out in the mornings as I don't know if he will be up at 8 o'clock or 12.30. Anyone got any suggestions or known treatment?

Acco

Oct 3, 2011
Not entirely sure our situation is the same as yours, Jacey, but will tell you just in case it helps. My wife takes Clonazepam which doc says is a fast acting sleep inducing medication (used to control jerking and siezures in our case). I have noticed my wife seems reluctant to move in the early hours of the morning and I now tend to leave her until she becomes more responsive. There are times when it is mid to early p.m. before I feel she is 'wide awake' and we too are becoming housebound because of this. I have noticed that if I try to hitch her over in bed during the night she is almost like a plank of wood with no ability to flex. Also, if she needs the loo early a.m. she appears disorientated as regards sitting upright or placing her legs down properly so I have to support her for a few minutes until I can coax her to stand. She sits awkwardly on the loo, not upright, as though her balance is affected. Do not know what medications your husband is on, if any, but might be a secondary cause of his problem if taking some. Hope you soon find the cause and a solution. My wifes dosage has just been doubled and this situation appears more pronounced now so I am thinking it is the medication rather than something else.

Varandas

Sep 2, 2013
Hampshire England
My client is showing similar symptom as you described, although not that severe.
I have taken her to the doctors for a thorough examination and fortunately all is well but the mobility and swallowing difficulties and nothing to do with medication.
The other day additional help was needed during the morning shower as I could not get out of the chair in the bath. She would not comprehend and her arms and legs were very rigid.
For over a year we are in a situation where all appointments are booked for mid afternoon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew