Strange Logic

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Had a weird moment with mum today.

I took mum shopping and to feed the ducks at the park with little Milly in tow. When I dropped her off I decided to go in and see dad (he's taken a leave from work while he sorts out what he wants to do next) as mum had seemed a bit agitated and I just wanted to warn him about it.

Milly got her toys out and I sat chatting to dad. Mum wouldn't settle but kept getting up, opening the front door, closing it again and then coming to glare at me.

After about four times of this I asked her if she wanted me to leave - she said yes. Dad was mortified but I just laughed and said that it didn't matter and got Milly together to go. Once we got outside mum followed me to the car and when I unlocked it she went into my boot and I realised that her Tesco card was in one of the bags.

In hindsight I realised that she can't ask me to unlock the car because she can't say the words so the only way she could get me to unlock my car was to make me leave!!

It's a weird logic but there's absoloutly logic to it - in an strange way I see that as a good thing. :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh dear Kate, and how many times do our sufferers behave in, what is to us, a weird manner and we don`t realize the logic.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
It's a weird logic but there's absoloutly logic to it - in an strange way I see that as a good thing

your right it is .

Its all down to learning to communicate in a different way, sound like you handle it in a really good way :)

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
This shows how a person's intelligence remains. Your mum couldn't find the words but she managed to communicate to you her need to get into your car. It takes a great deal of intelligence to work around a disability the way she did.