Strange but true !

jeanierec

May 7, 2007
north yorkshire
I know this is going to seem a bit strange given how emotive , distressing nd above all huge this Alzheimers experience is that we all share but........Mum seems to be coming out of her depression and in an earlier post I said the depression was taking over from the AD well I honestly can`t explain how " high " I feel that today for the first time in a month I`m seeing some of Mum come back even writing this my eyes are filling with tears.

Ok I`m not kidding myself I know how awful this journey is going to be but for the moment I`m so happy and I know it may not last but I truly believe that however small the step we have to live for the day and this day at least has been a really good one and ludicrously the AD has paled into insignificance ( I`m not being flippant I promise and I`m not minimizing the heartache and heartbreak that so many people are living with daily ).

I shopped for her yesterday and made up lots of snacky type things for her to tempt her appetite and blow me without being nagged at she keeps ringing to tell me what she`s eaten and is really proud of herself ( so far it was a cup of tea and 2 biscuits and a corned beef sandwich with a vague promise that she might investigate a small piece of chicken) ......what more can I ask for especially as tomorrow Danny and me and a lot of our closest friends are going for a cheap couple of days to Liverpool and this means I can go and not stress too much .

I never thought that I`d see Mum ringing to ask me the same things over and over again as a positive but again today at least it is.

Sorry to go on

Love

Jeanie x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Jeanie, that's great. Don't apologise for going on, we like to read about the good days as well as the bad, otherwise how depressing would it be!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if your mum is getting over her depression? And who knows with this disease? We know they have good days and bad, but I think there are also longer good periods. Let's hope this is going to be one for you.

Enjoy your trip to Liverpool, and don't worry.

Love,

jeanierec

May 7, 2007
north yorkshire
Merci ma petit amis noisette .......wanted to say thankyou my little nutty friend but am sadly lacking linguistically !!!

Actually reading that back it was meant to be a term of endearment not sure it comes over that way.

Love

Jeanie x

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Jeannie,
Thanks for a happy post! It IS such a boost when a flash of the 'old' sense of humour shines through for a little while, and you can link up with personality traits which may have been hidden for some time. Enjoy your break.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
jeanierec said:
Merci ma petit amis noisette .......wanted to say thankyou my little nutty friend but am sadly lacking linguistically !!!

Actually reading that back it was meant to be a term of endearment not sure it comes over that way.

Thanks Jeanie. 'Nutty friend' just about sums me up!:D

Try 'ma chere petite noisette'.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Enjoy it jeanie, it`s precious. It`s as if your mother has a bit of her life back.

Is she taking anti-depressants? I tried to look back through your posts to see if I could find out, but there were too many to search through. ;)

Enjoy Liverpool and the short break away from home.

Love xx

jeanierec

May 7, 2007
north yorkshire
Hi Sylvia

Her GP took her off the anti depressents last Monday when I called him out to her so maybe they just didn`t agree with her and are now getting out of her system . Who knows the reason for this small upturn I`m just really pleased.

I`ve not been on TP that long Sylvia but I`m obviously a prolific poster !!! Haven`t read much about Dhiren so I hope this means you`re having a quieter time.

Thanks Margarita and Lynne....and of course ma chere Hazel ( you weren`t a french mistress in another life were you ....and if you were Danny would probably love to meet you ....hee haw hee haw !! Please read that in a french accent )

Jeanie x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
jeanierec said:
...and of course ma chere Hazel ( you weren`t a french mistress in another life were you ....and if you were Danny would probably love to meet you ....hee haw hee haw !! Please read that in a french accent )

Sussed!!!!!!!! (Just think 'Allo 'Allo)

Tell Danny he's welcome!

jeanierec

May 7, 2007
north yorkshire
Thanks Hazel

If he`s ever p*ssing your door I`m sure he`ll drop in !

Enough now you`re leading me astray again.....will I never learn !

Love Jeanie x