strange behaviour?

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
my oh seems to develop little obsessions at the moment he keeps asking me if i need anything from our local shop if i say no he acts like a sad child and says are you sure you cant think of anything and then i have to think of a simple thing he can get ie cat food or a banana and off he goes happy but then an hour later he asks again he seems to take a long time as well as it is only a 1 min drive but he takes about 10 mins any one had this ?

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Mum constantly asks is there anything I can do to help even when I'm not doing anything, I think she just wants to be useful.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Reminds me of mum one of my mother stages.
Aways wanting to do something or what are we doing tomorrow.

Could be combination of being useful like reedysue/B] said.

Also getting bored wanting to keep active.Wanting to keep their dignity.

Do you plan activities that you both can enjoy ?

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Mum constantly asks is there anything I can do to help even when I'm not doing anything, I think she just wants to be useful.

Agreed they want to do something to help. I'd say we're alright for food but the...
think of any little job that needs doing (or doesn't) and try and deflect him into another activity. It might be; peeling the potatoes, taking out the rubbish or even just saying No we don't need anything from the shops but I'd love a cup of tea.
It must be difficult when you've been a do'er and then there's nothing you can do.
K