Strange afternoon

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Last week, I totally lost it.

I was used to things disappearing from the house and into the dustbin and sort out the dustbins each afternoon when I get home.

Last week things started missing from the house and were not in the dustbins when I looked. Searched the house high and low, no sign of anything. Ranted and raved on TP and then calmed down thanks for your help.

This afternoon when I got home, the lady next door came round and said" I hope you don't mind me telling you this but Jean has been wandering round the top of the garden near the shed. She looks as though she is talking to someone and then goes back into the house"

When I examined closely the place that she pointed out to me I found:-

1 half bottle whisky
1 full jar of coffee
2 magazines lent to me by a friend
3 DVD's lent to me by friends
20 letters, including bank statements , bills and notices of forthcoming hospital appointments, all torn up into fragments.
Lids from jam, marmalade and olive oil containers
3 pens, 2 pencils and an empty box of dog treats.

I almost feel like putting "and a partridge in a pear tree" at the end of this.

In fact there may be a poem in it somewhere.

Needless to say, i am making sure that the whisky does not disappear again.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Grommit,
Quite the little magpie your Jean - pleased you found the whisky! You making Irish coffees all round tonight in Tea Room?
Helen

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Please wait for me.

Glad that you could share that with us Grommit, the experience I mean, not the whiskey. Hang on a moment, have I got that right.

Love n'hugs,

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Sorry, it's all gone now.

The queue stretched halfway round the estate and i had to hire a chucker out in the end. His remit was to exclude all people from across the border with TP names starting with S.

Sorry Connie, i was just on the dregs when you turned up.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
When I was caring for my mother and shopping for her, I went to see what she needed and found a completely empty freezer.

Off I went to the shops, to stock up.

When I took the shopping back, her freezer was full of Marks and Spencer boxed gateaux [this was when she was still driving]. There were 8 or 9 gateaux there.

She refused to let me take any out to make room for the basic foods, so I had to take it home and put it in my own freezer.

The very next day, when I went round the freezer was empty. I searched the house and the bins, not a sign of a box or the remnants of a box.

I never found out what happened to those gateaux.

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
It is very frustrating isn't it?

You seem to rack your brains for ages wondering where they have gone and you go over it time and again but cannot come to any conclusion at all.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
:) :) :)

Oh Grommit, I know it must be HUGELY frustrating but you did give me a laugh!! Sorry to seem so "uncaring" but the final bit about the empty box of dog treats was just my undoing!!!!! I do hope it was the dog who enjoyed the treats!! Can't quite get my head around Jean washing down the dog treats with whisky (neat!). :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Jo,

I know where you`re coming from today. There are times I feel I`m coping well and times I just want to close my eyes, go to sleep and find it`ll all be over when I wake.

Unfortunately there`s no get out clause. But a bit of humour with `virtual` friends is all we have.

Take care

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Things being "stolen"

Hi everyone,

I suppose it is a bit unkind to laugh at things that "get stolen" but forgive me if I smile at the lists my Mum gives me of items stolen by the carers.

A duvet
Three lipsticks
2 pairs knickers
A load of cutlery
The entire contents of her freezer

None of this of course is missing, although I have failed to track down a couple of bottles of Dry Martini that I buy my Dad (who is very poorly with cancer but still enjoys his Gin and Martini before lunch). This of course gives greatest cause for concern.

Ho hum

Fiona

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
I used yo know a girl called Martini. Any time, any place, anywhere, that's Martini, if you can remember the adverts from years back.

It's not unkind to laugh at any time, in fact most of the time that's all you can and must do. But it's bl**dy hard work to do it sometimes.

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Oh Grommit
I've just caught up with your thread.........
At times I tried to think as mum thought.........as in where would i put things for "safe keeping" but its so hard isn't it?
I had to make sure I beat mum to the postman.....because ,as you say, things would be torn to pieces........
I had to hide my clothes so they weren't hidden away....
I had to hide the kids clothes.........however this was the cause of some amusement when mum appeared wearing my daughters secondary school jumper:eek: :eek: ............She would NOT part with that one:rolleyes:
the whereabouts of my tesco clubcard died with her.....
As did her teeth.......mind you either my brother or the cars stole them......:rolleyes:
Take heart, dear Grommit,........never lose your sense of humour;)
Love Wendy x

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
After having moved everthing that Jean normally chucks out, i inspected the bottom of the garden before her bedtime tonight as her bottle of lactulose has gone missing.

Didn't find it down there but did find a comb, 2 bottle openers, 3 receipts from a spending spree at B&Q and two clean dishcloths.

Bit concerned about the lactulose as I don't want the dog to get it. I had a terrible time cleaning up after the last incident with a senna pill.

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
My own fault. I decided to lay a wooden floor in the kitchen and, unfortunately the wood was the same colour as Senna tablets. Late one night, when I was very tired, I dropped a tablet on the floor and searched for it but could not find it, so i thought I would leave until daylight.

However, the dog found it first and what followed could only be describe as a regrettable incident.