1. maggiemoo

maggiemoo Registered User

Mar 10, 2013
    lancashire
    I took my mum home from nursing home in November. She looks cared for now! However, today I had visit from social services with concerns that mum was not being stimulated enough!! She is 90 and has last stage alzeimers.I am livid and feel social services didn't care when she was in nursing home and left in a chair all day! Has anyone else come across this?

2. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    The stimulation of one to one care from someone who loves her, knows her life history and likes/dislikes must count for something. Do you know what prompted the visit? I do hope that they offered you some assistance if they were concerned about stimulation?

Well if they come back don't forget to say you would be happy to welcome a singer/aromatherapist/masseur/manicurist/hairdresser - and that's just for you! Seriously, I think you are very brave to have taken your mother home when she has late stage Alz. Hope you are coping and finding some time to relax yourself.