Still waiting

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
for the appointment for the scan results, Edna had the scan over three weeks ago. we was told they couldn't prescribe any medication until they know what was happening to her brain, Edna gets so worked up to the point she becomes very shaky and doesn't know where to put herself the only thing we find helps is getting her to have a sleep, she will only sleep at night though but seems to sleep longer, today she was very weepy and told me she isn't frightened of going and wants to see her mum and sister again (I could have cried) she also said dad does nothing for her and she doen't love him any more which I know is not true he does everything as she can't, we have to help her even move from one chair to another now as she is so frightened to walk. we are waiting for the pyisio to come we have been told we are 4th on the list. Dad is so tired I try to take her out so he can get a break but its getting harder by the week as she finds it so hard to walk, her eating is not so good now as 12 noon comes Edna starts shouting for her Dinner but when she is given it she doesn't want it and only eats a bit, we are trying to give her a bit to eat every hour but often she throws it back at us, we are getting good at dogging bars of chocolate and cakes

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Heartbroken,
I did not have to wait longer than a week for Peter's scan results.
In my personal opinion, I would chase it up so you can get the medication for Edna.
Perhaps getting on to the Doctor again would help chase things up.
Wishing you all the best
Christine

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
thanks christine
I did think about phoning the consultants sec, if Edna gets the mail it does disappear, I have been there most of the time when the postman has been, I will phone in the morning

Debby Short

May 29, 2008
Near Heathrow Airport
Dear Heartbroken

It is bad that you have to wait so long, and of couse chase everything up - it is never easy, everything that is needed has to be fought for. My mum doesn't only say Dad does nothing for her, but that he hits her as well (which my dad would never do), so I know exactly where you are coming from. I am glad that you are there to help your dad - I live 2 hours drive from mine.
Wishing you all the best with the scan results.
Debby

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
I phoned this morning we have a appointment on the 9th july seems a life time away, I'm hoping it will go quickly.
we have had a great day to day, my brother came and took Edna and myself out for a drive round we ended up at a garden centre, as we walked in there was some wheelchairs you can use while you are there, the sw had asked Edna before if she wants one so I could take her out more, her walking is very poor, but she went mad shouting no way, my 7yr old said you should call them a traveling seat then she might want one. so today we said look here there's those traveling seats do you want to try one, she couldn't wait to sit in it she loved it now Edna is asking us if we could buy one for her, I am talking to the sw tomorrow and I have given my Daughter a big hug for helping us thanks to her we have had a wonderful day.:):):)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Heartbroken

Your daughter is a prime candidate for the United Nations. :)

So pleased to hear about your day. But sorry you have to wait so long for an appointment.

Take care xx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Dear Heartbroken,

I expect that you will be going with mum and dad to the appointment on the 9th? If I were you, I would be writing a log of her behaviour and hand it over to the Consultant when you arrive. If you can't go with them, perhaps your dad could hand it over.

Best Wishes, TinaT

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
thanks Sylvia and Tina
Yes I will be going with them the last time I had to wait with Edna while dad went in, I keep a diary so I will write things from that and let Dad pass it to the consultant if its the same or I will give it to him as I go in.