Still trying

paris07

Jul 11, 2007
australia
hi all, Oh well just thought i would give you all an up date still finding it hard to wrap myself around this disease . mum is physically well walking with her walking sick but is doing some crazy things otherwise, she cut up one of her good blouses yesterday ( (just bought it for her last week) wrapped it in 2 pillow cases and several sheets of newspaper and put it in the garbage bin .
she has taken to wearing 2 nighties or 2 pairs of pants , i guess this is common but when you are so used to seeing your mum always very well groomed its hard to see. still follows me everywhere i suppose this sound selfish but i am so please when sleep time comes . mum needs assistance with dressing and showering she gets confused on what to wear.
still no hope of her going to see the psychologist she refuses to see any doctors at the moment I had hoped that this doctor might have helped a little but we will keep bringing it up from time to time , she gets very angry when you mention seeing a doctor.
I thank you all once again for your support,I read your posts almost every day and find that i am not alone in this journey,hopping i may be able to help someone along the way,
regards
paris07

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you for the update Paris.

Would it not be possible for you to get a home visit from your mothers doctor, on some pretext.

paris07

Jul 11, 2007
australia
Sylvia
I do not think that he will come for a home visit, however no harm in asking, still working on the excuse that the visit is for me . but she still objects
regards
paris

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Paris
I also live in Australia and have had similiar problems. I contacted the AGED CARE ASSESSMENT TEAM (ACAT) it applies in all states. They will arrange for a geriatrician to visit the house. There was a waiting period but they did send a dementia nurse out to the house to help with mum's situation. Also, these nurses are very knowledgeable about all the help available to you. I think also that these nurses have some input into the urgency of the geriatricians visit. ACAT is also the department who does the necessary paper work for respite and permanent placement. I am not suggesting that this is what you want. You can contact the COMMONWEALTH CARELINK CENTRE on 1800 052 222. They will give you the number of the nearest ACAT. Good Luck. Taffy.