still no financial assessment

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
I have posted about this before my council still haven't carried out financial assessment my husband has been in care home for 6 weeks having gone there after being sectioned he is now under a DOLS I have phoned and emailed council still.nothing I can't sort my own finances out till.it's done any advice would be appreciated

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Is he there under a section 117? Because if that's the case they don't need to do a financial assessment, in the same way as they wouldn't do a financial assessment if you were in hospital for a long time. In fact, I'm not sure that it wouldn't be inappropriate for them to do one.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You have stated in your other thread that your husband was not under a section 3 when he was discharged, therefore the free care under section 117 does not apply.

An assessment of his current care needs should be made followed by a financial assessment.

Has an assessment of his needs been made and documented?

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Is he there under a section 117? Because if that's the case they don't need to do a financial assessment, in the same way as they wouldn't do a financial assessment if you were in hospital for a long time. In fact, I'm not sure that it wouldn't be inappropriate for them to do one.

No he isn't under section 117 as far as I know I am having real difficulty getting hold of social worker phone just rings and rings have also emailed no reply this is not unusual with my LA have already had a complaint upheld against them

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
OK - so no section. The LA is not required to do a financial assessment for the first 8 weeks. Then they must. Of course earlier would be better, but you may not be able to effectively push this issue until after 8 weeks.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
You have stated in your other thread that your husband was not under a section 3 when he was discharged, therefore the free care under section 117 does not apply.

An assessment of his current care needs should be made followed by a financial assessment.

Has an assessment of his needs been made and documented?

No no kind of assessment has been done that I know of my LA seems to be very disorganized I have been let down by them so often that I had to make a complaint which was upheld got a apology after investigation but nothing seems to have changed

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Financial assessment

Finally got financial assessment form after numerous phone calls to council would you believe it they sent forms to OH at his care home they then posted it to me (don't know why they didn't give it to me when I visited) now all I have to do is fill it in.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Hi how long does it take for council to work out financial assessment I returned forms a month ago and still haven't heard what contribution we have to make have tried to phone finance office no luck getting through OH has been in care home for nearly 3 months and I need to sort out my finances anyone got any advice please

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Financial assessment delays

Well the saga goes on finally got a reply to.email.about assessment telling me about OH contribution to care home all his state pension plus half private pension less his personal allowance received this by email but care home have heard nothing he has been in care home since June and I have yet to get an invoice is this normal any advice would be appreciated

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
When my OH went to a CH I was billed after two months-and he was self funding! You could ask the CH if they have received anything from the LA.