1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    My daughter and grand daughter saw this in Kuwait. Isla is twelve and showed quite an interest in dementia as it is portrayed by Julianne Moore. Since then she has asked her mother a lot more about Grandpa's AD. So as well as being a great film it can stimulate interest in what is one of our biggest health and social problems.

2. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    I have tickets to a preview on 1 March. I could never quite relate to the book, so let's see what the film will be like. Not a fan of Julianne Moore though I am afraid.

3. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

my friend has got a android box so we should be able to see it on that fairly soon
    we are planning a girly night with popcorn;)

4. Miss Merlot

Miss Merlot Registered User

Oct 15, 2012
    Just watched it now.

Very very good, I thought - though obviously horrendously bleak.

I thank God now that - infuriating as it might be for OH and me - MIL is spared the burden of insight...

5. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    We can only hope there is a lack of insight. But my mother, who we never told she had Alzheimer's because she reacted so aggressively when we tried, knew there was something wrong with her. I think my mother's agitation and aggression were partly due to her fear and panic.

6. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    It was good. It wasn't great. The speech she held at the Alzheimer's conference was moving. Her coping strategies like highlighting every line she read were admirable but even she didn't foresee that the suicide instructions she gave herself via video would fail over the simple fact she couldn't remember them long enough to carry them out!

7. Padraig

Padraig Registered User

Dec 10, 2009
    Hereford
    It's a fictional story. It might be a nice change to see a real true life story.

8. Maiakins

Maiakins Registered User

Jul 7, 2015
    Tring, Hertfordshire
    I found it very helpful and interesting, albeit tough. I am struggling with this condition and this helped me to have an open discussion with my family.
    The extras on the DVD are very interesting and helpful.

9. carper8

carper8 Registered User

Feb 26, 2014
    lincolnshire
    i enjoyed this film