Stephen Ladyman - Objections By Mail

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

Anyone who wishes to object to Stephen Ladyman as holding the office of Minister for Health, [in light of his comments on Panorama]....

Please will you ALL write a letter addressed to Tony Blair PM, stating your reservations and wishes to have him removed from Office. Please send all replies by private mail to me here.

I will then arrange to have all correspondence forwarded to Tony Blair at No 10, with as much media coverage as I can muster.

I will need all correspondence to arrive at my address by 5 Aug.

Please help - it's only the cost of a stamp but could make a huge difference to care fees later on.

Jude

Last edited:

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Craig,

Thanks for that info. We can now all send emails as well as letters. My idea about the letters was that Tony Blair can't really refuse to accept them and SEE them, whereas I expect his staff read his emails for him and perhaps won't inform him so quickly, or at all if other matters interfere.

I'm sending him an email today.

Jude

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I've sent an e-mail, but the site does say he doesn't see the messages, which are categorised by department and presumably sent straight to Ladyman's Deleted folder.

Would we expect more?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi Jude

As a Scot I'm not sure if I should write or not! Health is devolved to the Scottish Parliament and the situation is different here. We do have free personal care for the elderly. I have already contacted our local SNP Member of Scottish Parliament following some remarks made by Sam Galbraith in the Sc Parl and she was very supportive. She has recently organised some research into provision for care as regards AD and I have filled in a questionnaire and will be doing a telephone interview as well.
Won't be available for the next fortnight as we're off on holiday but will write when we get back if it is thought appropriate.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
If Scottish MPs can vote on health issues in London, I don't see why the people who put them there can't as well!

Go for it - Tayside has a great history in medical research, Dundee being one of the major universities in the British Isles for medical research. [I know, they were a long-term customer of mine until I decided I'd had enough of business in April]

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Izzy,

Yes, please do write to me. Every letter would help. Perhaps you could enclose some information about the system in Scotland, which might give our clueless Health Service a hint at how to sort things out down here.

Hope you have a great holiday. I've been wondering where you'd got to lately, but suspect you've have a very busy end of term.

Best wishes, Jude