Step downwards today!!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
This does not relate to the official stages of Alz. but today I have seen a true downwards step.

A difficult day:
Started very grumpy and slow in getting washed and dressed. Did he need help or did he not?? - we plodded through that. Then at breakfast he felt dizzy and was seeing double (eg cup and plate were 'two').
Rested for a short time before we went off to meet Alz Group of friends. Nothing special there - just faded into background but it was obvious he was not himself.

Then off to dentist -- had been struggling with toothache all weekend - but when we arrived he had 'no problem'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Argh ..............).

Later - where are they? are they here? No we are on are own now!
Well where are Mum and Dad? They are not here any more!
Oh are they dead then? Yes! Oh thought so!! (argh ..............).

Oh I feel so sad at the realisation that this may be another downward step!

Sorry - just needed to offload all this.
Jan

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Hello Jan,

This dreadful disease torments all those involved.

Not easy to watch such a change, praying it will change back again.

Can only hope for you both,

Love

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Oh I feel so sad at the realisation that this may be another downward step!

Now how you feel , happen to me last week realisation hit me that mum can't count to more then 4.

Giving you a big [[[[ hug ]]]]]

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Jan, I'm so sorry. Every little step downwards hurts so much, doesn't it?

You have a few good days, and you think things aren't too bad, and you're coping well, then suddenly -- lurch-- and everything's topsy-turvy again.

It's no wonder we're all on edge, we never seem to find that even keel.

All we can hope is that it's just a blip, and not the dreaded slide.

Love and sympathy,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hold on Jan, this downward step might not be set in stone, it might just be the effects of toothache.

I have felt several times that Dhiren was going down a stage, but it was often a result of overtiredness or a change in routine. The next day he`d be fine. [well as fine as he can be]

If your husband has had toothache all weekend, it might be a cause of his downwards slide.

I hope so.

Love xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Jan,
Only can offer sympathy and hope that better days lay ahead. Best Wishes Taffy.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Thanks to all - still 'downwards' I think!!

Up at 5.30 am with his wandering about - to the loo and wondering where he was!! Could hear noises!!!! (nothing).

I was up at 7.00 am - having my quiet time with a cuppa at 7.15 when a call - D had fallen. (Thank God for Carelink). Over and done in 30 mins so hopefully back to normal!!!???

Ready by 9.30 am to go off to World Dementia Day (an opportunity for carers to voice their views about services etc.). Can you believe it - the Older Persons Unit of the Mental Health Team did not know that this was going on? However I was able to voice a few points along with a few friends in similar situation.

Poor David - on the way home he thought we had been staying in a hotel and said it was good to be back.

Anyway we have had a well known brand 'ready' meal and a glass of wine and he is content - what more should I need?

Perhaps I am on the wrong thread here (feels like it should be in 'day in the life of....' ). Forgive me Sylvia.

Best wishes Jan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Jan, I`m so sorry. I hope it`s no more than a `blip`.

It sounds like `a day in the life of`, so no aplologies necessary, but I don`t like the bit about the fall.................:eek:

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Jan

It sounds as if you had a good day, in spite of everything. Well done for speaking out.

Was it a local conference, or larger? Sounds interesting, anyway. And it was good that D was able to go along too, I had to give up taking John to that sort of thing a while back, he couldn't understand what was being said, so got bored and agitated.

I'm glad you enjoyed your ready meal -- where would we be without them? I'm getting so lazy now there's only me to think about.

Love,