State pension

simonwhu

Oct 6, 2014
Have had to move mum into the home today.

Do I have to send power of attorney health and wellbeing to the benefits agency or can I just write to them to get mums letters sent to me.

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
Hi, give them a ring. They will need to see the POA. Someone from the the dept of work and pensions came to see me and had sight of everything they needed.

X

pippop1

Apr 8, 2013
You could get her post diverted to your house via the Post Office too - it's about £60 for a year I think. That's if she didn't live with you of course.

simonwhu

Oct 6, 2014
Tried redirection. Apparently the card has to be registered at the old address. Have to get hold of her debit card later!
Pension service want me to send power of attorney in. Will have to do it for Benfits office and new attendance allowance application

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
I took my POA to the post office and they arranged the redirection. There's a form for it x

pippop1

Apr 8, 2013
That's what we did Anongirl. Although we ended up paying ourselves rather than from MIL's money, it's been money well spent though. One less thing to worry about!

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
That's what we did Anongirl. Although we ended up paying ourselves rather than from MIL's money, it's been money well spent though. One less thing to worry about!

Exactly!

Everything seems daunting at first, I had sleepless nights but you just need to do one thing at a time (don't always take my own advice :D)

Last edited:

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
Actually I'll have less sleepless nights because she's somewhere safe

Yes definitely.

I just found the need to cancel everything, contact everyone, explain everything, take documents here there and everywhere quite stressful. I was constantly wondering if I had forgotten anything. I'm still like that now, nine months down the line.

But yes, the worry is certainly less knowing mum is safe.