Start of incontinence

skaface

Jul 18, 2011
Ramsgate
I'm just starting to experience this as well, a few weeks ago my mum answered the door to one of her carers trailing diarrhoea through the house. Thankfully the carer is one of the more tenacious ones, cleared it all up (I would have been throwing up by then) and frogmarched mum into the shower (the others won't force the issue if she refuses personal care), she gave her a good wash and washed her hair too. She was protesting that she didn't need a doctor but I had to tell her straight that she was getting one, no argument. There was no dehydration and no apparent stomach upset so it was a case of washing every available surface that was coated with it - she had made an attempt to clear it up but only succeeded in spreading it around even more.

Then all was fine until a couple of days ago when I visited to check her food stores - I got through the front door and spotted toilet paper on the floor, bent down to pick it up and then noticed the piles of poo. I cleared that all up with a minimum of retching (go me! I'm so proud of myself over that!) and washed the carpet with a disinfectant solution.

I had already hired a Rug Doctor for the diarrhoea stains - I needn't have bothered.

I'm not sure what to do - mum doesn't seem to associate the mess on the floor with her (she couldn't even feel it coming out of her when she had diarrhoea) and I don't think she will accept disposable knickers as I've already looked at those.

I've already retrieved two pairs of knickers from the toilet and the carers tell me they've had to do it once as well (if you need to get wire coat hangers Wilko do a set of 10 for £1.75 they are like hen's teeth these days) and I think if she had disposable knickers these would end up being flushed and causing even more of a problem.

Instead I have to have a game of "hunt the soiled knickers" while buying her new supplies every few weeks. I wash what I can find, but I can never find them, god only knows where she puts them. I found one pair with a dessicated turd inside, they went straight in the bin I'm afraid.

When the time comes that I have to sell her home for her, I'm going to have to replace the carpets before I can sell it.

blueboy

Feb 21, 2015
I am having the same problem as you - urinary incontinence I can cope with but the other- not so good. Mum has carers now though so they are bearing the brunt though persuading her to wear pads is difficult. And the amount of washing I have been doing every day.. So sad as Mum would be absolutely mortified if she was aware.