staring into space

farrand

Jun 4, 2013
hampshire
has anybody had the experience, or heard of, an alzheimers suffer just staring into space as if in a trance. my husband has started to do this a lot-i just wondered if anyone had had a similar experience.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello farrand yes my husband does this most days normally when he is tired , then falls asleep, then l have some peace ♥♡♥

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Talking Point mobile app

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Mum has been doing that on and off for the last three years. It's almost constant now.

Chocolateear

Aug 7, 2014
Dorset
has anybody had the experience, or heard of, an alzheimers suffer just staring into space as if in a trance. my husband has started to do this a lot-i just wondered if anyone had had a similar experience.

Yes, my husband has started doing this. I wondered at first if he was having petit mal, but sometimes he just sits and stares and I catch reach him at all.
This forum is very helpful for picking up the various signs, behaviours etc.

margaret g

Nov 9, 2013
Oh yes, he had been doing that for some years,, and yes, when he is tired too

Sent from my C5303 using Talking Point mobile app

malomm

Mar 23, 2014
Campania Region, Italy
:)I'm a carer, not a sufferer, and find myself doing it quite a lot now, when there is a quiet moment. Just need to empty my head of everything for a short while.
My wife the dementia sufferer is too active to be caught staring into space.
keep smiling,
malomm

farrand

Jun 4, 2013
hampshire
thank you so much for your helpful replies. at least i now know it is nothing sinister,can relax and enjoy the quiet.:)

tomgee3425

Feb 3, 2014
Negombo Sri Lanka
Yes my wife Anne does this a lot. Her eye to brain communication is very bad but her hearing is excellent. I think it is because she has difficulty seeing. She also often talks to herself

Chocolateear

Aug 7, 2014
Dorset
Linked to this one, my husband went out of the back door into the garden yesterday only to return very shortly looking very distressed. He said that he had just 'gone vacant and blank for a short while and didn't know where he was. His face looked blank and expressionless and he had a dull headache.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
I do this . Peter says "are you on another trip. Can I come too" otherwise I may not know I do it.:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

Chocolateear

Aug 7, 2014
Dorset
I do this . Peter says "are you on another trip. Can I come too" otherwise I may not know I do it.:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

Ah Pookie, that's lovely to hear it from someone's own experience. I shall remember that and when my hubby goes for 'a wander' then it will reassure him. Thank you.