Stapling LPA document

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
A bit of a random question but does anybody know if it is ok to staple together pages of an LPA document?

I have sorted out the paperwork for the health and welfare one, which I am planning to post tomorrow, there are quite a few pages and I am just wondering if it would be best to keep all the pages loose or not.

I can't see anything in the online guidance one way or another, but I know legal documents sometimes state not to staple.

I already have the finance and property one in place, but a solicitor did that for us some years ago, so I don't know if they were stapled or not.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I have the loose pages in a poly pocket and send that if a copy is needed. I never thought about staples!

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I just checked mine. They have staple holes so I must have sent stapled, but they came back unstapled. Hope that helps.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Thank you both, yes that helps. I think I'll go with the poly pocket idea and trust that the staff know what they are doing and won't let pages go astray :)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"The pages on ours are numbered!"

You can have multiple pages with the same number.

My copies of LPAs had an additional 'frontispiece' indexing sheet number (not actually written on paper) against page number, multiple pages of same number had a reference such as 'attorney1'

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
.....which I am planning to post tomorrow......
I am sure they will be able to cope whichever way you do it.:)

Getting it back, that's when the decision really starts. Stapling them may cause problems if you have to go to numerous banks as they will photo copy it every time. Also to make sure I got the originals back, they do have a perforation mark but with modern colour printers it can be hard to tell, I snipped off one corner and numbered each page.

Good luck.:)

sheelz

Sep 1, 2014
We did both LPA's 2 months ago and put each one in a poly pocket then sent them together registered post, didn't staple, didn't want to risk them sending them back. They have now been registered and returned unstapled so I'm leaving them like that .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan95