stair problems

aaronsaunty

Jul 4, 2007
hello everyone again
has anyone any tips on how to stop dad going up and down the stairs in the evenings to "check " up on mum we put him to bed but he keeps going up and down until she goes up herself
thanks

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi aaronsaunty

I'm sorry, I haven't an answer for you, but I do sympathise.

John insists on goint to bed around 6.00 now, but often comes down again to check on me. Mostly, I think it's just for reassurance, but if I have the TV on he sometimes thinks I've got people in. (He's right, in a way, I'm usually on TP!).

I don't think there is an answer, really, apart from keeping giving them the reassurance they need.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Would Mum have a tv in the bedroom so that she has her 'entertainment' and still nearby for Dad. Not sure myself about this but someone has suggested it for me. Beckyjan

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
aaronsaunty said:
hello everyone again
has anyone any tips on how to stop dad going up and down the stairs in the evenings to "check " up on mum we put him to bed but he keeps going up and down until she goes up herself
thanks

Hello aaronsaunty

I imagine you dad needs to reassure himself that your mum is still there.

Does your dad go to bed when he is really tired or out of habit..........my parents always went to bed at 10pm, tired or not.

I hope you do find an answer as your mum needs a bit of time and space for herself.

Kathleen