1. Barnsey

Barnsey Registered User

Jul 2, 2013
    Cheshire
    Hi, may sound a really silly question but how can you define stages? My mil was diagnosed 4 years ago. I see a big diff but how do i know the diff between early to mid stages? She was put on medication and referred back to the gp when diagnosed. I can't discuss it gp when she's there as mil won't admit anything wrong, but when I try for an appointment get offered a telephone call. This is no good as mil lives with us! Not even sure as to when to stop medication? Feel a bit in limbo. Not at stage of laying clothes out but needs reminding to change trousers and bath rather than wash.seems a horrible in between place for us.(although not for mil.) Any advice please?xx

2. BR_ANA

BR_ANA Registered User

Jun 27, 2012
    Brazil
    My mother is on seventh stage. http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showpost.php?p=968584

Some people don't like stage definition. I think it helps to give an idea of what can still happen.

Can you write your questions to GP or ask to talk with him by email instead of phone?

3. stu100

stu100 Registered User

Feb 4, 2015
    Birmingham
    I agree I thank it heaps the stages gives an idea of where you are now and what to expect in the future

4. Barnsey

Barnsey Registered User

Jul 2, 2013
    Cheshire
    Thank you evryone. Have been on the link and found it very helpful. X