Sponsored walk

Lancshiker

Apr 17, 2013
Hi. I lost my Dad a couple of weeks ago and I've decided not to let his memory fade but to keep it alive by doing a sponsored walk in support of the Alzheimer's Society at Heaton Park in Manchester on 27th September. It's a great way to feel that something positive can come out of the passing of a loved one and every time my phone buzzes with a new donation to my justgiving page, it's like another good wish for Dad and I know he would have approved.

I did a walk in 2012 but this year it will have such special significance. Once the funeral is done with and you feel empty, as I do at the moment, it's something to focus on. If anyone is interested, I think a list of walks can be found on the Alzheimer's society web page.

Best wishes to everyone. Find strength where you can. Xx

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
Lancs?hello. Memory not good just now . names well:eek: I will be at Heaton Park also.As a volunteer with the society. I've white hair so look out for a dopey looking lady with a tallish man it could be me.:eek

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

Lancshiker

Apr 17, 2013
Hi Pookie. I'll certainly look out for you. I'll be wearing a tee shirt with a black and white photo of my Dad on the back! Hope you're well. :)