Spoken to doctor @incontinence

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I have just spoken to the doctor @dads incontinence.
Walking dad yesterday he suddenly had to go to the toilet. It is not the first time . But to be honest it is getting expensive buying pull ups. This is not the first time it has happened. Looking at dads pads in the yellow bag gives it a clue. Let’s hope the nurse prescribes them and doesn’t think it’s just me.

PMM1485

Dec 16, 2018
I hope the GP was able to help out.

Last time I was in Aldi I noticed they do incontinence pants which are much cheaper than elsewhere.

It's all very distressing though for both you and your dad.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I hope the GP was able to help out.

Last time I was in Aldi I noticed they do incontinence pants which are much cheaper than elsewhere.

It's all very distressing though for both you and your dad.
Hi. Yes she is going to get the nurse to ring me. I feel sometimes I have to prove I’m not lying but what with paying for carers 4X a day on top of pads etc ,it is certainly getting expensive.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Spoke to the incontinence nurse today.Apparently you are not supposed to have pull-ups if you have a catheter but dad will not wear anything else..So he is getting them. One good result today on a **** day.

hooperswan

Dec 22, 2016
Spoke to the incontinence nurse today.Apparently you are not supposed to have pull-ups if you have a catheter but dad will not wear anything else..So he is getting them. One good result today on a **** day.
[/Q
Hi. Yes she is going to get the nurse to ring me. I feel sometimes I have to prove I’m not lying but what with paying for carers 4X a day on top of pads etc ,it is certainly getting expensive.
My mum has 4 visits a day with 2 carers at each call,the bills make your eyes water

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
My dad used to have 4 calls a day with 2 carers. But I stopped it so he only has 1. He doesn’t need the toilet every visit and if he does he can still be taken by 1 carer as they use a Sara steady to the toilet.The bathroom will only fit 1 carer in anyway.

hooperswan

Dec 22, 2016
My dad used to have 4 calls a day with 2 carers. But I stopped it so he only has 1. He doesn’t need the toilet every visit and if he does he can still be taken by 1 carer as they use a Sara steady to the toilet.The bathroom will only fit 1 carer in anyway.
Unfortunately my mums bed bound and has lost her mobility,so although I feed my mum and hold her drinks for her,she has to have 2 carers to roll her when they change her pad at each care call.It costs a lot but at least I got the time of the calls condensed a few years ago

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27