Split Awareness

hellseer

May 17, 2017
I know plenty of research focuses on on a scientific approach which is fine but my interest is in what people are like. Wonderful theories can occupy the mind but from a tibetan buddist perspective, none of that is real, the mind itself is just awareness.

So you might think where is this going ? Well, it's to do with what people are like. As they grow up they should use an expanding state of awareness as the foundation for an expanding intellect. However awareness is usually knocked out of children and intellect is developed as something solely separate.

The technique, "Split Awareness", returns a person to an awareness state in four to eight minutes. Other traditional methods of meditation take ten to fifteen years, which I know because I've tried them.

I'll be a bit contraversial and say the mindfulness is fairly bogus, it's just popcorn buddhism. It's not even buddhism in fact, has, like so many academic perspectives no context. As the method and the goal it doesn't work. If one get's a train to the airport then the train is not the airport.

But maybe the inability to separate and distinguish is the problem. The opposite is split the awareness into two, making this distinction and abiding in that. The feeling is rather like sitting whilst standing up.