Spirit lifted

Acco

Oct 3, 2011
No not the alcohol, although I love a touch of Bai...s C in my coffee first thing.
Today, I took my wife out in her wheelchair. It is the fourth time we have used it for getting out and it is amazing how each time her spirits have been lifted - bright and responsive (in her own way, of course), happy and more active (within her limitations). And her raised spirits lasted for some hours after returning home, even to the extent she walked more positively and completed a greater number of steps, although still supported by me. As for me, whacked, aching back, but refreshed and happy that Pat has enjoyed each outing in her new buggy. I hope for many more days of reasonable weather so we can both get some fresh air, lifted spirits, and some exercise (of more usual type!) for me. I hope you, too, can have periods like this :).

DazeInOurLives

Dec 10, 2009
East Midlands,UK
twitter.com
No not the alcohol, although I love a touch of Bai...s C in my coffee first thing.
Today, I took my wife out in her wheelchair. It is the fourth time we have used it for getting out and it is amazing how each time her spirits have been lifted - bright and responsive (in her own way, of course), happy and more active (within her limitations). And her raised spirits lasted for some hours after returning home, even to the extent she walked more positively and completed a greater number of steps, although still supported by me. As for me, whacked, aching back, but refreshed and happy that Pat has enjoyed each outing in her new buggy. I hope for many more days of reasonable weather so we can both get some fresh air, lifted spirits, and some exercise (of more usual type!) for me. I hope you, too, can have periods like this :).

Lovely to hear. May there be many more such trips for you both to enjoy together. x

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Yes, it's great that you feel so positive. I think that when you reach certain points in 'the journey' you can sometimes be pleasantly surprised by new possibilities that present themselves. I am so sad that my wife can no longer walk in the way that we've been able to until quite recently but I found a combi walker/travel chair and now I can relax a bit as we can't get caught out too far from home when she suddenly becomes floppy because I know I can wheel her home - provided I recognise the signs in time, otherwise it's a bit of a juggle to manage the move from standing to sitting!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Oh, that's lovely, Acco. What a beautiful positive from you. Hope it lasts throughout the summer, at least. Maybe even into the autumn if we get a warm one :)

Good for you :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I think it's wonderful Acco, at this stage to still be able to enjoy an outing together. O