Spell Check

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I have lost Spell Check on my lap top. It is Vista and I use Firefox. I have spell check on Vista but not on Firefox.
Any ideas? Simple language please. :eek:

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sylvia

I have a Google tool bar which has a spell check on it.

Search for google toolbar download and follow the 'simple' instructions.. they must be simple I DID IT

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve done it with a Google toolbar but it still isn`t checking. :mad::mad:
Blow it. I`ll keep using the dictionary.
Thanks for trying Helen. :)

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
I am really glad you asked this question Sylvia, because I have never been able to find my spell check on Vista on the laptop even, I am fine on my computer where I have spell check on an earlier model cannot remember the name, but never found it on here when I use TP. One would think it would under tools, as it is on my computer but it is not. Can anyone help please?

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Sylvia, I have just installed the google toolbar like Nellbelles suggested and it works, on my vista but I don't know if that is the same for Firefox. Thank you Nellbelles you are a star.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Some whizz will come to our rescue Winnie.

It`s not only spelling mistakes a spell check is useful for, it`s also useful for typing errors. However often I scan for errors I always miss something. Spell check doesn`t, unless the typo is a true word.

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hi Izzy thank you but I don't have that one either as far as know!!!!!!!!! However I am thrilled with the google toolbar which is what I am used to I did just not know I could change to it. I am a happy bunny now.
Sylvia I am just like you I read it through twice and always miss some words or typing errors. They say you don't see all the letters/words when you read I have done a test where some letters and words were missing and I read it perfectly alright. Likewise I find it quite easy to read backwards which was another test I did. Your brain and eyes are such strange things as we all know.

Last edited: