1. May 1

May 1 Registered User

May 7, 2015
    Surrey
    Hi.Does alzheimers progress rapidly? .My OH
    seems to be losing his mind on a daily basis. It is a scary thing to witness.He is on donepezil 10mg for the last two weeks? .

2. Chuggalug

Chuggalug Registered User

Mar 24, 2014
    Norfolk
    I don't know the answer to this. What I do know is that it lasts, sometimes, for many years. Some have been incapacitated by dementia for 15 years.

How long in your own estimation has your husband been unwell?

3. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Hi May1

Everyone is different. My husband was diagnosed almost 14 years ago. His dementia has declined most rapidly in the last 4 years or so. It is early days with the Donepezil. Perhaps things will settle down.

4. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Mum has, in my opinion, had noticeable dementia for 5 years. In the last 4 years her decline has been rapid

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

5. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Everyone is different, but my mum was declining really rapidly when it was first diagnosed. Since she was started on meds it has all leveled out and the decline is much slower. I hope it works for your OH.