Spect scan

Tiee

Sep 26, 2019
I had a spect scan which revealed frontal and temporal hypoperfusions. My question is , my memory and other issues concerningmeled us to a consultant who , because of other health issues is blaming the other health issues for my memory etc , can I ask for regular scans to keep an eye on the frontal and temporal hypoperfusions.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @Tiee

I’m sorry for the late reply but I’ve only just seen your post. I’m afraid I have no experience of your situation but hopefully someone who has will come along soon.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @Tiee.

I’ve no experience of this situation either but I wondered if talking to your GP might be a step forward - he/she may support you in asking for regular scans.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
I’m not sure you will have regular brain scans,:confused: I had a PET brain scan in 2003 and SPECT brain scan in 2004 which showed frontal-temporal-damage:eek: I have never been offered a brain scan since and to be fair I don’t see what they would gain from another scan I would assume the scan result would be the same but I’m still good and dancing quietly after 20 years so that’s the important thing stay positive :):)