Speaking door alerts

mspring

Nov 28, 2015
My father goes out during the early hours of the morning and wakes others in the sheltered housing. I have seen a door alert with a sensor - if the anyone approaches the door the message is 'spoken'. I have been told that there is one with a time switch. Does anyone know where I can buy such a thing? Thank you.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Could I just suggest - your local council will have a telecare department - they are usually fantastic, sometimes run by local housing associations but available to all. It would be a good idea to get in touch with them, tell them this is urgent because he is 'vulnerable' and can you have advice - they will tell you what is available and what has worked for others and may give you a other things which would be helpful

mspring

Nov 28, 2015
Thank you fizzie - unfortunately the Social Services in my father's area only seem to be interested in signing people up to rental equipment.

mspring

Nov 28, 2015
Thank you nitram; I will take a look at the products you have suggested.
I can add another one through ultrasecuredirect. It is a sensor that fits on the door so that if someone approaches, it will either chime or 'speak' a message. Only trouble is that it will do this every time someone goes up to the door even during the day. I was told by the local disability shop that there is one with a time switch so that it will come on at night and off in the morning - they did not have one though and were not sure where it came from. I have searched the net with no luck.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Thank you fizzie - unfortunately the Social Services in my father's area only seem to be interested in signing people up to rental equipment.

If he is not able to pay or comes under their funding then they have a responsibility to make sure he is safe but I think a number of them now are renting out - we are lucky as ours do take the responsibility for those that they fund