Speaking Alzheimer's

Stimpfig

Oct 15, 2005
Germany/India
Hello everyone

If I am not visible, it's because my computer cookie isn't behaving . I now really appreciate that to read what's posted in here, one can do so without logging in - Thanks to Nada and Craig! Can really appreciate the importance of Access.

Well, I still haven't bought the book on Learning to speak Alzheimer's but I believe there are plenty here who have read this book and similar ones. I was wondering if someone could help me interpret the following:

My mother has now been referring to everything in terms of coca-cola and Bournvita (used to be a health drink in India when I was a kid) . For example, she's always been wanting to go home and when asked why, it's because of coca-cola. She isn't hungry because of coca-cola. She's moved the blankets and pillows from one room to another because of coca-cola !

My hubby thinks she could make a great ad for coca-cola !

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi Sue

I have looked in the index of my copy of said book and can find no reference to coca-cola or Bournvita! If I have time I will see if there is a clue to your problem and report back.

Dick

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Hi Sue,

Perhaps it is just a "fun" word that your Mum likes to say? Or perhaps she remembers that "Things Go Better With Coke" :)

(As in the 1963 advert)

Last edited:

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
When the meals-on-wheels people came round to do a survey of likes and dislikes, my mother said she didn't like anything with pot-pourri on. It turned out pot-pourri meant gravy. (Unfortunately most of their meals did have gravy on so of course most of them went in the bin.)

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
Didnt the ad say..."Its the Real Thing"?.....!!!!!!

My brother in Law can speak Alzheimers...always interprets for Mum...I will ask him next time I see him!! :)