Sparks card. Alzheimers not a chosen charities from Marks and Spencer

Adcat

Jun 15, 2014
London
Evening All,

Last night I registered a sparks card on line. It's a new initiative from M&S. When you register they have chosen 9 charities that they say they work closely with, and your asked to click on one you’d like to support. Alzheimers society was not one of them :confused: I was incensed!! :mad: So I sent an e mail expressing my disappointment and I got an email back stating:

'We’ll keep reviewing these charities using the suggestions our customers make, and I hope you find a suitable one to support in the meantime'.

;)

So, if you can, send an e mail when you register and hopefully the Alzheimers society will get some help from one of the biggest retailers in the uk.

x

JayneB6367

Dec 18, 2013
I thought exactly the same! I will e mail today. Its so typical, this disease is so overlooked as it just isn't sexy!

Really frustrated, particularly with M&S as I thought they really were a family retailer.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
I complained too.
I think it's very odd as the Alzheimers society is their charity of the year in my local store. :confused:

Mrsbusy

Aug 15, 2015
I know that Iceland are donating their carrier bag monies to Alzheimer's, just in case you go there. Do agree a company like M and S should include Alzheimer's, especially as more older people shop there than youngsters.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Thanks for the prompt Adcat - I also hoped to select a dementia charity so have just sent off an e-mail asking for AS to be considered as my card will be used when purchasing items for those affected by the condition.