Sorry

snuffyuk

Jul 8, 2004
Near Bristol
Hello to all

I posted some time ago and I see I have some wonderful PMs. My then computer is now suffering "terminal illness". All is gone.
Thankyou to all who have written since my absence all appreciated.
Things for me have not changed and maybe somewhat worse. My pacience(spelling) is wearing thinner and thinner. My personal circumstances do not help "one jot"
Thanks again to all
regards
snuffyuk

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi there Snuffy, lovely to hear from you. Fill us in with all your news when you can. Sorry to hear your PC is ill, hope you can get it fixed. My spelling is pretty awful too so don't worry about that, just post! If you are still struggling as you were when you used to post, then it's no wonder your patience is thin at imes, whose wouldn't be with the load we carers have. Post again soon, love She. XX :)

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Hi snuffy,snelling oh i mean spelling see that doesnt matter a jot or i would have been chucked months ago,just hang in there someone is always here thinking of you. storm

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Snuffy

we're all part of a weird jigsaw here on TP and without you we are a piece short. Every piece in a jigsaw is important because only when all are there together do we see a full picture, so please do keep posting when you can find a PC to use!

Best wishes

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Snuffy,

I was wondering how you were only a couple of days' ago! Sorry to hear that things are still difficult. Do post if you have any problems that we can help you with.

Best wishes.

Jude

snuffyuk

Jul 8, 2004
Near Bristol
Thankyou so much for all your messages.
Things are getting worse rather than better but I guess that is the name of the game.
My mum goes to an Alzheimers day care for 3 days a week. After a "sticky" start she now enjoys it.
When she is at home she is somewhat demanding + attitude! Sometimes it is like having a 3 yr old in the house.
I have been sleeping on a camp bed near to mum for 2 years now. Most nights is OK but some early mornings I am woken by the noise of the cammode being moved to its day place (bang bang bang) and then there is the talk with an immaginary person or pet in the room. this morning i asked her to go back to bed at 6 am. I did not sleep and when I went into her room at 7am she was lying in bed fully clothed. This was a morning when Daycare come in at8.30. to help wash and dressed.
Mum has developed an annoying "chuckle/giggle". Whatever the circumstances this happens and "drives me mad"
Sorry. I could write reams and reams but don't want to bore.
snuffy uk

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Dear Snuffy

Nice to have you back.

You are not a bore, the beauty of TP is that you can let off steam (so neccesary for a carer) and all of us not only understand, but sympathize, we have all been there or we are on our way there.

Don't hesitate to get it down on (I was going to say paper) screen and relieve the pressure.

Cheers Barraf

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Snuffy, your post sounds just like the things we used to do. One morning, Mum got up and was dressed really early, when I went in to her she was trying to get a pair of knickers on, "these are too small" she said, "they wont go round me." I took a peek, the reason was, she had five pairs on! Luckily we both saw the funny side, but it's not always easy is it? I can sympathise totally and don't you worry about boring us, you won't, because we all see a bit of our own situation in each others. That's why we can share moments and cheer each other. Please keep posting, it's really good to see you back. Love She. XX :)

gemini

Sep 8, 2003
Nottingham
Hi Snuffy

I'm glad to hear that your absence was due to nothing more than a PC problem..... I must admit that you had me worried for a while... (after the thread you posted in November) Thanks for the reply to my PM. I must admit that this new web site layout has thrown me a bit.... I'm still trying to get to grips with all the changes. I often think that talking is by far the best release, but if this is not possible then where do you turn???? Answer: Talking point and PM's......Try and hang on in there...... It ain't easy.... I know.....!!!

Nice to hear from you and keep posting

Regards
Gemini