Sorry I've gone a bit quiet......

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear TP Friends,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet of late. It's all been a bit frantic since I found what I hope is a good home for my parents. We are just waiting now for accommodation to come up for them, and the matron of the home seems to think they will be in there in a few weeks, which would be good. Since finding the home, we have had quite a few scares and panics so I know it is a good decision to get them somewhere where they will be better looked after.

So I am busy preparing my parents for this major change, both practically and mentally. My Mum is being assessed by the psychiatrist on Monday which I am quite nervous about. Also my brother and I are sorted out all the finances - a very daunting task!

On top of that my elderly uncle who lives nearby was taken to hospital and is now back at home where his needs will be assessed, so everything's happening at once!

Anyway no complaints really, just not enough hours in the day at the moment.

Even if I'm not contributing much at the moment, I enjoy looking at the TP posts as often as I can.

Love to all,

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
you are contributing as much as you can and doing a good job by the sound of it!such a stressful time for you your family and your parents without having the extra stress of your uncle!don't ever feel you aren't up to the job.None of us were trained for this.take each day as it comes and deal with it the best you can.Not a one of us here can ever feel the way you do.we all feel different about this diseae,but,theres one thing i will say and mean it from the bottom of my heart.Everyone on this site supports each other through it all.The saying "i beg to differ" means that others will sit back and take stock of your situation and give you a suitable reply.No arguments,just straight talking.its a wonderful site so please keep in touch.love elainex

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Fiona,
Missed your posts, but we all post as and when we are able. Pleased to hear that you are ok and sorting things out with your parents, look forward to yor return when time allows.
Love Helen

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Fifi

Thanks for the update, you seem to be coping very well.:)

Come back to us as and when you've time, you're always welcome.

Love,

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Fiona,

. . . . and all this time I just thought you were busy practising your kazoo!! :D

Glad to hear things are working ot, even though you are onviously frantically busy. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything goes according to plan.