Sorry Another Plea for Help

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Good news that your mum is a bit more settled and family now know what is happening, hope you can get some more support Crag. Best wishes.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Thank you everybody. It can feel a very lonely world going through this.
Dad looked comfortable and settled last night. I've seen him a lot worse over the last couple of weeks, but when your told he's at End of Life it feels so much more painful to see him than before.
I was telling Mum he must have been having a cheeky dream the way he was flicking his eyebrows in a mischievous manner.
Mum is a bit more settled too, I have done the phone calls to let relatives, friends, and neighbours know, as she would have struggled with that, but I still feel very helpless.

Sending you support and virtual hugs Crag,

Aisling

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Thank you everybody. It can feel a very lonely world going through this.
Dad looked comfortable and settled last night. I've seen him a lot worse over the last couple of weeks, but when your told he's at End of Life it feels so much more painful to see him than before.
I was telling Mum he must have been having a cheeky dream the way he was flicking his eyebrows in a mischievous manner.
Mum is a bit more settled too, I have done the phone calls to let relatives, friends, and neighbours know, as she would have struggled with that, but I still feel very helpless.

I'm relatively new to this forum BUT I have been where you are, albeit with a parent with cancer. It doesn't matter how ill they are, the end is still an awful shock. Mum & I are just starting the Alzheimer's journey. Sending you virtual hugs and much love. x

Last edited:

Crag

Jan 3, 2015
Sadly Dad passed away in the early hours of this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point