Sorrow

Doreen

Dec 3, 2004
Oldham
Hi All

Just to let you know that my darling Jim died yesterday at the age of 65. I have
not been a member on this Forum for long, nor did I do much posting, usually reading, but I wish to thank you all for the comfort, knowledge and help you have given me in a short time.

Doreen

Leah

Oct 22, 2004
Northumberland
Hello Doreen,
So sorry to hear about Jim. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time. I know it is so very hard, but you have to try and take comfort that he is at peace at last.
I think early onset is perhaps the most difficult to deal with,at 65 you should be starting to enjoy your retirement together.
I know a little of how you will be feeling, my husband died last year aged 67, but I lost the real Ted a long time ago.
I don't post very much, but I read the site most days, it is good to see the help and support there is for everyone.
Take good care of yourself now.

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear Doreen,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. At least you know that you were doing everything in your power to get him the best care possible until the end.

I'm glad that Talking Point has been a source of comfort and support for you. It is a wonderful online community. I'm sure everyone's thoughts are with you and your family.

Take care,

Sandy

thompsonsom

Jul 4, 2004
halifax
Hi Doreen

So sorry that Jim lost his fight and know how much you have worked to try make his life as happy as possible.

Thinking of you

Jan

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hello Doreen

I am very sad to hear of your loss. Take time to grieve, then I hope your memories will return - and strengthen - of your time together before dementia muscled in.

He is at peace now and you did the very best you could for him. What more is there to say?

Take care.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Doreen

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know you know we are all thinking of you. What more can I say?

Take care of yourself

Izzy

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
Hi Doreen ,you Have Been In My Thoughts All Day ,hope You Can Take Some Comfort In Knowing That Jim Did Not Have To End His Days In A Nursing Home ,the Thing You Both Dreaded Most.you Was Able To Keep Your Promise .be Strong Now ,take Care .love Angela

Ruthie

Jul 9, 2003
South Coast
Dear Doreen

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Please take care of yourself now, you have done everything you possibly could for Jim, and he is now at peace.

love

Ruthie

jenny_colgan

Apr 27, 2005
Leeds, UK
Im sorry x x x

Doreen,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss, im sure Jim is now looking over you as your guardian angel. You're in my thoughts.
My grandad passed away on Wednesday and he suffered from alzheimers. If you ever need to talk im here to listen.
Jenny x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream