song lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

susana53

Mar 15, 2010
Littlehampton, West Sussex
I've heard a song and I seem to remember it was being used in a dementia group, but I can't recall the words. The only bits I do remember is:

If you're feeling sad just clap,
if you're feeling sad ,
keep it steady, don't hurry
and you won't have time to worry,

If anyone can help me with the rest of the lyrics I would be very grateful.

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
"If you're feeling sad keep it steady
Then you won't have time to worry

One of the 'Singing for the Brain' songs that have been used nationwide in lots of centres.

But I can't remember the rest of it!

Try your local 'Singing for the Brian' organiser - they'll probably have the lyrics. If that's the one you're thinking of, that is.

susana53

Mar 15, 2010
Littlehampton, West Sussex
Yay! that's it! [sorry Jennifer you were right]
It's amazing that I worked with children for years and never used that part of the song.
I've just got to work out the tune for it all. I know some parts but need to put it together.
Of course, if anyone knows a link to the whole tune, please let me know. I would be very grateful.

Cheers everyone. Have a good day!:D

Caring Clark

Jul 25, 2019
I’ve heard this song at Feel Good Singing. The song that we are referring to is a rendition of “If You’re Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands “The full song that I’ve heard sounds like this:

“If you clap, when you’re feeling sad. If you clap, when you’re feeling sad. Take it steady. Don’t hurry. And you won’t have time to worry”

In the choir that I attend, we get split into groups, within each group starting to sing at a different time, once we’ve sang it all the way through in our groups, we then swap when to start singing

Last edited:

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Caring Clark
a warm welcome to DTP
sounds as though your choir has a good time

just to let you know that this is an old thread ... you can see the date of a post at the very top left of each post's text box

Status
Not open for further replies.