Sometimes you just have to chuckle

scattysue

Aug 20, 2015
My sister, 81 years old and with alzheimers, is still living independently with 4 Carer visits per day, 3 days at a lovely day centre per week and as much help as my partner and I can give (we live 30 miles away).
Today when we visited I washed windows, did her laundry, went shopping, made a meal, washed up and cleaned the living room. There were a couple of marks on her suite which were troubling her and I managed to clean these off. I made tea and as I sat down with my cuppa she said "now is there anything else I can help you with today?" - I had an inward chuckle and replied very seriously "No, K I think that's the lot - thanks for your help" Sometimes a day like today makes it all worthwhile ;)

KJ49

Jul 1, 2017
My sister, 81 years old and with alzheimers, is still living independently with 4 Carer visits per day, 3 days at a lovely day centre per week and as much help as my partner and I can give (we live 30 miles away).
Today when we visited I washed windows, did her laundry, went shopping, made a meal, washed up and cleaned the living room. There were a couple of marks on her suite which were troubling her and I managed to clean these off. I made tea and as I sat down with my cuppa she said "now is there anything else I can help you with today?" - I had an inward chuckle and replied very seriously "No, K I think that's the lot - thanks for your help" Sometimes a day like today makes it all worthwhile ;)
It’s a thankless task but always best to chuckle. My husband spent many long days getting my dads 120ft garden that hadn’t been touched for years sorted and made it easy to manage so my dad could potter around and look at the fish on his nicely painted bench by the pond. The very next day after my husband had finished my dad came to dinner at our house and was sat at the table opposite my very tired husband. My dad proceeded to tell my husband what a lovely job the man had done on his garden

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968