Sometimes you can't get help, sometimes help is thrust upon you...

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by jenniferpa, Jan 4, 2007.

1. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
  2. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    Interesting! I wonder if Mr Cramp is ill but even so surely the trend now is to encourage care at home. That 'should' be cheaper than a NH and if he is unwell could help him at the same time.

I wonder if he has heard of an 'advocat' who could act on his behalf. The trouble is we do not know the full story. If you hear more please let us know. Beckyjan

3. jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
    This is from May, when he first tried to get her back

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2201162,00.html

I'm sure there is some sub-text that hasn't been reported, but honestly, when people can't get help when they're literally screaming for it, it amazes me that they would go to these lengths. I guess once you're in the system you're "in the system".

4. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    I saw Dennis Cramp on North West Tonight yesterday. On the face of it, he was an extremely competent, fit and able man. Why the hell should Social Services try to take over - it is obvious he needs all the support services - but why not. It would be interesting to see the list of people who want NH care - against the list of people they are insisting on taking in against the will of their carer and devoted partner.
    It will be interesting to follow this case Beckyjan

5. jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
    As I understand it they've come to some agreement - he will be allowed to have home visits starting for an hour a week, moving upto 3 hours for 3 days a week. I wonder if social services will insist on staying - it sounds a lot like monitored children's visits. I still think it's bizarre.

6. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    I suppose it all down to funding, cheaper for them to keep her in a NH care home , Then to find the funding for 24-hour care at home as that is what she needed

I wonder if he was self funding would they have worried so much where she was cared