Sometimes you can't get help, sometimes help is thrust upon you...

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Interesting! I wonder if Mr Cramp is ill but even so surely the trend now is to encourage care at home. That 'should' be cheaper than a NH and if he is unwell could help him at the same time.

I wonder if he has heard of an 'advocat' who could act on his behalf. The trouble is we do not know the full story. If you hear more please let us know. Beckyjan

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I saw Dennis Cramp on North West Tonight yesterday. On the face of it, he was an extremely competent, fit and able man. Why the hell should Social Services try to take over - it is obvious he needs all the support services - but why not. It would be interesting to see the list of people who want NH care - against the list of people they are insisting on taking in against the will of their carer and devoted partner.
It will be interesting to follow this case Beckyjan

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
As I understand it they've come to some agreement - he will be allowed to have home visits starting for an hour a week, moving upto 3 hours for 3 days a week. I wonder if social services will insist on staying - it sounds a lot like monitored children's visits. I still think it's bizarre.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I suppose it all down to funding, cheaper for them to keep her in a NH care home , Then to find the funding for 24-hour care at home as that is what she needed

I wonder if he was self funding would they have worried so much where she was cared