Sometimes life can be funny ha ha!!

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
The other week, I told my OH that I simply HAD to go for a sleep as I was exhausted. So off I trundled into my bedroom.

I took off my top clothes and dived under the duvet and quickly fell asleep.

I awoke to a strange noise and wondered "What on earth IS he doing now?"
I jumped out of bed, just in my underwear and came face to face with the window cleaner, at the open window!
I apologised to him for the fright of seeing me as I was :p:p and then we had a bizarre conversation as I rapidly got dressed.

The window cleaner informed me that my OH ( who he knew had dementia) had just got into a 4x4 with an unknown person and driven off !!!

OH came back half an hour later wombling along on a pedal bike he had bought - I was still coming to terms with my undressed encounter with the window cleaner.

This morning, I had 4 text messages in rapid succession from Green Flag telling me they would be here at 10.17 to repair my car.........I had just jumped out of the shower, when I heard so many texts coming in at 8.00am, I immediately felt something might be amiss elsewhere in the family - I was relieved to see it was only Green Flag.

But I was rather bemused when I gathered my thoughts - as we do not have a car !!

I checked the text messages again and saw they were dated Jan 2017 when we did have a car - somehow they have come to light again as incoming text messages !!

Oh well, its only 9.24am, so let's see what the rest of the day brings............wonder if Green Flag will turn up?????

rhubarbtree

Jan 7, 2015
North West
Did chuckle at this. This dementia lark leads us down some strange avenues. Wonder if the bike seller realised who/what he was dealing with. Due to disturbed nights I often have an afternoon siesta but fear sleeping past the time to pick OH up from day care. The other day I put the alarm on for 3.10pm but woke before and did not turn it off. Was well pleased when it went off at 3.10am that night.

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Did chuckle at this. This dementia lark leads us down some strange avenues. Wonder if the bike seller realised who/what he was dealing with. Due to disturbed nights I often have an afternoon siesta but fear sleeping past the time to pick OH up from day care. The other day I put the alarm on for 3.10pm but woke before and did not turn it off. Was well pleased when it went off at 3.10am that night.
I think I am often slightly spaced out due to lack of sleep, and one thing I am considering is renting a studio apartment nearby to have some 'my space' and be able to sleep during the day, maybe one or two days a week - most of the time OH is slumped safely in front of the TV and I can get carer cover from the agency for his lunch..... just a thought

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
The other week, I told my OH that I simply HAD to go for a sleep as I was exhausted. So off I trundled into my bedroom.

I took off my top clothes and dived under the duvet and quickly fell asleep.

I awoke to a strange noise and wondered "What on earth IS he doing now?"
I jumped out of bed, just in my underwear and came face to face with the window cleaner, at the open window!
I apologised to him for the fright of seeing me as I was :p:p and then we had a bizarre conversation as I rapidly got dressed.

The window cleaner informed me that my OH ( who he knew had dementia) had just got into a 4x4 with an unknown person and driven off !!!

OH came back half an hour later wombling along on a pedal bike he had bought - I was still coming to terms with my undressed encounter with the window cleaner.

This morning, I had 4 text messages in rapid succession from Green Flag telling me they would be here at 10.17 to repair my car.........I had just jumped out of the shower, when I heard so many texts coming in at 8.00am, I immediately felt something might be amiss elsewhere in the family - I was relieved to see it was only Green Flag.

But I was rather bemused when I gathered my thoughts - as we do not have a car !!

I checked the text messages again and saw they were dated Jan 2017 when we did have a car - somehow they have come to light again as incoming text messages !!

Oh well, its only 9.24am, so let's see what the rest of the day brings............wonder if Green Flag will turn up?????
:p:p:p
How much did the bike cost?
X

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
:p:p:p
How much did the bike cost?
X
Oh a mighty £60 - making him overdrawn on his pocket money card !!! My son has a bike shop and OH had asked him to get him a bike ( sometimes £2000 etc) Son duly 'forgot' as we thought this safest - but OH could not resist the one he saw for sale in the local post office notice board..........

Lladro

May 1, 2019
Thank you so much for sharing your story - If ever there was a time when I needed a laugh...
Fabulous ! Perhaps I should try to look for the "funny" and try to not concentrate so much on the down-side.

Lady M

Sep 15, 2018
Essex
Having not been able to get out for ages....decided as OH was settled for a sleep in armchair ...drinks to hand...alarm pendant on.I told him I was having to go to the bank but I went to hairdressers(first app. For 4months)
On edge all the time but arrived home after one hour and all was OK ...sigh of relief...of course as we all know PWDs world is themselves, so when he was awake and had had his afternoon cuppa I asked him ‘do you like my hair’?’
‘Well I like the back!’ Was the rely!
I had to laugh ........of well !