Sometimes it's just the little things

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
that takes the weight of your mind & shoulders.

Mum 72 with early/mid stage AD, is not bad enough where what we call here in New Zealand, a Needs Assesor can approve day care, which is funded by our health board, and Mum would be picked up and dropped off.

But there are group activities through the Alzheimers Soc which she can go to, but you need your own transport.
Considering Dad doesn't drive and I work 4 days a week, I didn't think it was going to be possible.
I rang the Co Ordinator, and she lives not far and is going to pick Mum up and drop her off 2 x a week.
One day is a social gathering, playing memory games, singing , music etc and morning tea.
The other day is a walk at our local Botanical gardens and morning tea. Considering it is Spring here the gardens are just beautiful.

Mum is starting next week, and I'm hoping she enjoys it :)

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
How kind of her, you are right little acts of kindness can mean such a lot, I hope your mum enjoys it

Jeany xx

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
What a lovely kind gesture from the Co-ordinator. A small act of kindness that will have a big impact on three people's lives. Well done that lady. I hope your mum enjoys her days out.