Sometimes I am just blown away

Soltice

Jul 3, 2017
Leicester
So it was my birthday yesterday and I wasn't expecting to wake up to not only a happy smiling mother but also the most beautiful card I have ever received, it said to a wonderful daughter and friend, inside said even more lovely things. Okay, the usual standard card from a card shop but what supprised me more is it is not a card my mum would choose and I know for a fact she read it too and quite likely understood it. She wrote her usual standard message but I will keep that card and put it on my wall just to remind me that even when her dementia is bad I can read that and think she does love me, she loves me more than I can ever of imagined in my entire life. We have never really ever got along but have muddled through life. And no matter what happens now i will do anything to make sure she is safe, fed well, taken care of her and if that time comes when she does have to go into a nursing home it better be a good one because you don't want to deal with me if you don't take care of her. We will in no doubt have moments and her dementia will get worse but I love her so much.
Sorry for the ramble and I know I am not on here much but I read everything on here and write something every now and then when I have something to say.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
How lovely @Soltice - thank you for sharing that with us.

A very belated happy birthday from me.

d9fc372c93a8df63fa2b05a2c3c467e4.gif

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
So it was my birthday yesterday and I wasn't expecting to wake up to not only a happy smiling mother but also the most beautiful card I have ever received, it said to a wonderful daughter and friend, inside said even more lovely things. Okay, the usual standard card from a card shop but what supprised me more is it is not a card my mum would choose and I know for a fact she read it too and quite likely understood it. She wrote her usual standard message but I will keep that card and put it on my wall just to remind me that even when her dementia is bad I can read that and think she does love me, she loves me more than I can ever of imagined in my entire life. We have never really ever got along but have muddled through life. And no matter what happens now i will do anything to make sure she is safe, fed well, taken care of her and if that time comes when she does have to go into a nursing home it better be a good one because you don't want to deal with me if you don't take care of her. We will in no doubt have moments and her dementia will get worse but I love her so much.
Sorry for the ramble and I know I am not on here much but I read everything on here and write something every now and then when I have something to say.
A belated Happy Birthday! I've just read your lovely post. Your mum chose that card for a very good reason - you ARE a wonderful daughter and your mum knows that but, more importantly, is telling you that through her lovely card. Treasure the card and keep it safe.

Soltice

Jul 3, 2017
Leicester
A belated Happy Birthday! I've just read your lovely post. Your mum chose that card for a very good reason - you ARE a wonderful daughter and your mum knows that but, more importantly, is telling you that through her lovely card. Treasure the card and keep it safe.

Thank you and i certainly will treasure it :)