Sometimes a girl just needs her mam

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello CG, well a hug from your mum is better than any medicine.
I hope you will soon start to feel better.

turbo

steffie60

Jan 22, 2013
Hampshire
A Mum's hug is security, love and warmth, I send you a virtual hug and hope as this is a later post you are feeling a bit more the thing.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hi C Girl , Have only just read this & been working today & sending lots of comforting Hugs & so glad your Mam was able to give you a Hug

Best Wishes for a good & speedy recovery

Much Love & Healthy Vibes for today & the days too come

Love Grove x x x x

Sunbell

Jul 29, 2010
Yorkshire, England
I am so pleased for you CG, it just goes to show that beneath the aggression this horrendous illness brings, your dear mum is still there just like she used to be, the love for her lovely daughter is engrained in her heart and this rotten AD cannot take this away! Bless her and hope you're feeling a bit better now. Another hug coming your way,

Love Sunbell xx

cheryl k

Sep 9, 2012
Just read your post with tears. I am so happy for you with the hug from your mam that you will always treasure. It brought back wonderful memories. There is no place better in this world than the love from your mam. Take care of yourself recuperating.

Cheryl

cerridwen

Dec 29, 2012
Gloucestershire
What a lovely story - sending you big big ((((((((((hugs))))))))) too...

Even though people with dementia lose their ability to think and work things out in their brain, I believe that there is a still some instinctive understanding, on an emotional level, of others feelings. I see that with my Dad sometimes, even though most of the time he doesn't display any empathy for others.

I am sure your Mum knew you needed her on some instinctive level and was able to be there for you.
Cerridwenxx

tiggs72

Jul 15, 2013
So pleased you had a good moment with yr mam treasure that time - it's not her it's the disease.

Weirdly even though its always been just me and my dad he has never been demonstratively affectionate although I've always know he's loved me. But these last few weeks when I visit he gives me a big hug and a kiss which makes all this heartache worthwhile x

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
You've all made me cry again ...

And a small miracle has happened, once again, when I needed it. Dad brought mam to see me, I was asleep on the sofa and woke up when they came in. Mam sat at the side of me, took me in her arms and gave me a lovely cuddle.

And when they left a few minutes later (she couldn't settle), once again she put her arms around me and hugged me and I was able to tell her I love her and how glad I was that she'd been to see me.

She's still there, somewhere, isn't she, my mam?

Another one crying here now....yes she's there, and always your mam. Hugs to you xxx

primarypat

Oct 15, 2012
Hi

I feel so much for you, partly because I so badly want my Mum of old to be here to hug and understand when things are tough (as they are for me just now).

Sending you so much love and hugs hoping that they may be of some comfort. Glad you could have a little bit of the real thing when you needed it.

PP

Florriep

Jul 31, 2012
Kent
I've only just caught up too - hope you're feeling better today and still feeling the warmth of your mam's love. Big hugs from me too.

Flo
x