someone up there doesn't like me!!

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Bronwen, Oct 19, 2010.

1. sad nell

sad nell Registered User

Bronwen this must be so hard for you my love, hope Tuesday goes as well as it can and Trevor becomes more settled and allows you to have some good days together. shall be thinking of you both. love Pam

2. Jo1958

Jo1958 Registered User

Mar 31, 2010
    Yorkshire
    Bronwen, hi
    My heart goes out to you and Trevor, I hope Tuesday goes well and he settles quickly.
    Take care of yourself, kind regards, Jo

3. Nan2seven

Nan2seven Registered User

Apr 11, 2009
    Dorset
    Dear Bronwen,

I was so very sorry to read your latest post. You know that you have done your utmost for your dear Trev. and must not reproach yourself for having come to this decision. The disease is relentless and the decision you have made was always going to be inevitable at some point.

Your back problem would have worsened and the very fact that you have a cold is, to me, a sign that you are already run down.

I can imagine what you are feeling now as Tuesday approaches. I will be thinking of you and sending you and Trev lots of love on the day itself. I hope the move into the home goes smoothly.

Thinking of you, Nan XXX

4. Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
    Dorset
    Dear Bronwen - me again - have just found your apology on my thread. Please do not apologise, you have so much on your mind at the moment. Wishing you a peaceful Sunday and Monday, as far as that is possible, and will be thinking of you and Trev on Tuesday.

Sending love, Nan XXX

5. Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Registered User

Jun 11, 2010
    Greater London
    Dear Bronwen

You really have tried everything to keep Trevor at home and sadly this is not possible. I hope you will reach a point when the sadness eases and an acceptance of the situation gives you renewed strength.

I hope the transition goes as smoothly as possible and I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Mary
    x

6. Bronwen

Bronwen Registered User

Jan 8, 2010
    Bristol
    Thank you again friends...today is just dragging..I can't visit Trevor because of my cold, so I started sorting out a few clothes for him,but can't do it at the moment..it is just as described on many occasions...a living death. Can't wait for my family to come tomorrow.

love
    Bronwen x

7. miss cool

miss cool Registered User

Jul 20, 2010
    taunton
    Dear Bronwen i am thinking of you...... love miss cool.xxxxxxxx

8. Libby

Libby Registered User

May 20, 2006
    North East
    Dear Bronwen

I feel so sad for you and Trev, but I'm sure that you have made the right decision. It must be so very hard caring for a loved one 24/7 and back problems on top of this must have made it even harder.

I do hope that Trev settles in and that you get your own health back on track.

Liz

9. Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
    Dorset
    Dear Bronwen,

Hope the family arrived safely yesterday and that you are all able to be of support to each other.

I hope too that the move goes well for Trevor, that he will not be too confused. Has your cold cleared a bit now? I hope you will be able to spend part of the day with him to reassure him in his new surroundings, if that would help.

Thinking of you this morning and sending love to you all, Nan XXX

10. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    God luck Bronwen. X

11. sad nell

sad nell Registered User

Bronwen, thinking of you both today and hope the move from hospital goes as well as it can, how are you health wise, hope the cold is improving, the home you have found sounds very good, lets hope Trevor settles love Pam

12. larivy

larivy Registered User

Apr 19, 2009
    essex
    hope today goes well for all of you love larivy

13. donkey

donkey Registered User

Aug 16, 2009
    sutton coldfield
    bronwen i hope that today goes as well as can be my thoughts are with you and trev sending you love and a much needed hug xxx

14. Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Registered User

Jun 11, 2010
    Greater London
    Hello Bronwen

My thoughts are with you and Trevor today and hope everything is going as well as can be expected.

Look after yourself
    Mary
    x

15. Bronwen

Bronwen Registered User

Jan 8, 2010
    Bristol
    Hi friends..had the most horrendous couple days..furstly couldn't visit trevor in hospital over weekend because of my cold, when my daughter and I visited him on Monday, he had had a fall and was de-hydrated, so eventually had to go on a drip.

I wasn't at all happy with the situation but just concentrated on getting him out of hospital asap and on Tuesday we collected him and went to the Care Home.

He has lovely room, the staff are wonderful with lots of gentle msic playing in the lounge (as opposed to a tv being on all the time)seem to be lots of activities...I'm not sure Trevor will be able to join in any of these as he has gone down so fast and seems to sleep or walk around with his eyes closed.

I did enjoy one moment yesterday though as we were in the lounge looking around and I gave him a big hug and he started swaying to the music..it was wonderful.

I just feel so numb now and I don't think it has hit me but my concern for Trevor is taking over my feelings about living here without him so will take each day as it comes.

love

Bronwen x

16. Jo1958

Jo1958 Registered User

Mar 31, 2010
    Yorkshire
    Oh Bronwen, sending you a (((hug)))
    What a time you are having.
    Take care of yourself, best wishes, Jo

17. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Lots of hugs, Bronwen. x

18. Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
    Dorset
    Dear, dear Bronwen,

I somehow seem to have missed your post last evening as have been looking out for a word from you.

I am so glad that Trevor's transfer to the care home went through okay, bearing in mind he had been previously put on a drip because of dehydration. Glad too to hear that there was some nice music playing in the home, rather than the constant background of a TV which seems to be the norm in so many places.

And the picture of you both swaying together to the music is so very endearing. A precious moment for the two of you, although sadly it will probably stay with you for longer than it will with your dear Trevor.

My heart goes out to you, trying to adjust to being on your own at home. Brian has now been in hospital, bar two short breaks at home, since the 22nd September. I have swung in that time from being apprehensive about his coming home to being quite positive and then back to apprehensive again. (Yesterday's visit was not a good one, nor the two on the days before that.)

Thinking of you and sending lots of love and hugs, Nan XXXXXXXXXX