Someone look at this for me please

jackanory

May 10, 2011
test

danny just taken test score wasnt bad 110 as i have already been diagnosed with mild dementia it was a constructive test did you leave your infowish you well

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
Hi, i just did the test again and got the same score. Im at significant risk apparently. I think its a load of nonsense.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Forgive me my little indulgence, Angela – but I am TOO YOUNG to take the test!!!!!! :p:D (Now, how many years since I’ve been able to say that about anything????):rolleyes::D

Come on – how realistic can these tests be? Is there one for “How likely am I to get run over by a bus tomorrow?”:eek: Answer: “Not if you don’t go out of the house!”:D

I do think a lot of these tests are ‘scare-mongering’. Certain health screening companies are now making a fortune out of offering ‘private scans’ (self-referral) – of course you need a follow-up – or several - which will then cost a near lottery win :cool:......

No such thing as a free lunch ....... it’s a crass way to make a profit out of worrying people unnecessarily, IMHO.

Sorry to be my usual grumpy, cynical self, Kaz, x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I am TOO YOUNG to take the test!!!!!! :p:D

I'm too old :eek:, but I put my correct dob in, and was able to do it anyway.

No such thing as a free lunch ....... it’s a crass way to make a profit out of worrying people unnecessarily, IMHO

I agree, Karen. As a diagnostic tool, it's definitely a blunt instrument, and I'm suspicious of the mentions of food supplements.

Angela, no harm in reviewing your life style, but if you're seriously worried, see your GP rather than worry about your results in the test. There are more than one ways to measure intelligence, and yours is not in question.

In any case raw intelligence is no predictor of dementia. Think of all the very intelligent people who have suffered from it.

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
I was always taught that eating oily fish (sardines etc) was good food for the brain.

Still can't understand how a sardine, until recently swimming about in the sea,avoiding sharks and other predators, can help me remember where I put my car keys and what time the Doctor's appointment is on Thursday let alone pass a memory test of dubious parentage.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi Angela hope your ok I just took that test and scored 29 yesterday
had my 6 monthly test for memory clinic scored 30/30 now I'm confused with the results was the memory clinic test 2 easy

cheers Tony xx

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
I have not tried ths test because I am sceptical. My husband has a form of Alzheimers, he is 70, and before this hit him he was better than me at all this stuff. He was a scientist with a PhD, held a high powered job and was hihgly intelligent. At the support group we go to there is an ex maths professor who has written text books and various other highly intelligent people. I am very suspicious of all this stuff. What are they trying to sell. My mum had vascular dementia and was again an intelligent lady who could fly through crosswords and was a whizz at mental arithmatic until this dreadful illness got her. I am sure you cannot train your brain to avoid Alzheimers or Dementia and would put this stuff on a par with cancer patients being told they can sort it out with crank diets. Do you not think if it was really the case that people who suffered from Alzheimers or dementia could be diagnosed early by something as simple as this it would not of been picked up before.

Gill66

Oct 31, 2010
I am suitably happy with a score of 88. Use a mouse, it's a lot easier. With a history of dementia in the family i feel quite content this evening :)

ali h

Oct 14, 2010
Norwich
foodforthebrain

I did the test and scored 57 but it is hard

Found this on the internet today via a piece of research on the Times On Line web page.

http://www.foodforthebrain.org/content.asp?id_Content=1820

I took the online test myself,I scored 37/110.

It was a bit worrying to be told I could be at serious risk of developing Alzheimers.

Would any one else do this test and let me know how you get on.

It has worried me to bits.It will teach me to stop researching so much.

Comments greatly appreciated.

Jess26

Jan 5, 2011
Kent
I scored 56 on my PC

which is apparently slightly above average for my age, quiet pleased with that :D

I too only managed to do 1 1/2 columns on a couple of them

snedds57

Jun 15, 2011
Berwick upon Tweed
I have just done it..quite enjoyed the challenge of it...got a more than acceptable score for my age at 53/110 but would have done better if they had told me at the start that I had to remember which row of the grid all the items were placed because I hadn't paid attention to that! It does say it is more mouse friendly than touch pad/screen.

Personally I would take it all with a large pinch of salt (or maybe that should be small glass of red wine!). My partner did an autism test in a similar way and his score came back as standard for a high functioning autistic person. We did suspect he would score a low score as he has a very unusual brain! I have forwarded the link on to him to try...will let you all know how he gets on!:D:D