Someone look at this for me please

Discussion in 'Memory concerns and seeking a diagnosis' started by danny, May 14, 2011.

1. jackanory

jackanory Registered User

May 10, 2011
    test

danny just taken test score wasnt bad 110 as i have already been diagnosed with mild dementia it was a constructive test did you leave your infowish you well

2. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I got 58 so I'm at little risk. However, I never take any tests on the internet seriously.

3. ellejay

ellejay Registered User

Jan 28, 2011
    Essex
    I started to read the "terms and conditions" ,thats when I said stuff it !

4. chucky

chucky Registered User

Feb 17, 2011
    UK
    Hi, i just did the test again and got the same score. Im at significant risk apparently. I think its a load of nonsense.

5. Tender Face

Tender Face Account Closed

Mar 14, 2006
    NW England
    Forgive me my little indulgence, Angela – but I am TOO YOUNG to take the test!!!!!! :p:D (Now, how many years since I’ve been able to say that about anything????):rolleyes::D

Come on – how realistic can these tests be? Is there one for “How likely am I to get run over by a bus tomorrow?”:eek: Answer: “Not if you don’t go out of the house!”:D

I do think a lot of these tests are ‘scare-mongering’. Certain health screening companies are now making a fortune out of offering ‘private scans’ (self-referral) – of course you need a follow-up – or several - which will then cost a near lottery win :cool:......

No such thing as a free lunch ....... it’s a crass way to make a profit out of worrying people unnecessarily, IMHO.

Sorry to be my usual grumpy, cynical self, Kaz, x

6. danny

danny Registered User

I did `age`myself a couple of years
    to do the test Karen:)

I think some vitamin company is behind this :D

I must say though it has got me thinking.

7. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    I'm too old :eek:, but I put my correct dob in, and was able to do it anyway.

I agree, Karen. As a diagnostic tool, it's definitely a blunt instrument, and I'm suspicious of the mentions of food supplements.

Angela, no harm in reviewing your life style, but if you're seriously worried, see your GP rather than worry about your results in the test. There are more than one ways to measure intelligence, and yours is not in question.

In any case raw intelligence is no predictor of dementia. Think of all the very intelligent people who have suffered from it.

8. Grommit

Grommit Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    Doncaster
    I was always taught that eating oily fish (sardines etc) was good food for the brain.

Still can't understand how a sardine, until recently swimming about in the sea,avoiding sharks and other predators, can help me remember where I put my car keys and what time the Doctor's appointment is on Thursday let alone pass a memory test of dubious parentage.

9. bigtom

bigtom Registered User

Sep 19, 2009
    bolton lancs
    Hi Grommit, If sardines are so clever how come they get in a tin and put the key on the outside:D lol

10. Tender Face

Tender Face Account Closed

Mar 14, 2006
    NW England
    You two! :p

Classic!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Kaz, x

11. Countryboy

Countryboy Registered User

Mar 17, 2005
    Male
    Cornwall
    Hi Angela hope your ok I just took that test and scored 29 yesterday
    had my 6 monthly test for memory clinic scored 30/30 now I'm confused with the results was the memory clinic test 2 easy

cheers Tony xx

12. danny

danny Registered User

Hi Tony. Personally I would go by the test carried out by the memory clinic.Don`t take any notice of this on line one.

Take care and good to hear from you.:)

13. tre

tre Registered User

Sep 23, 2008
    Herts
    I have not tried ths test because I am sceptical. My husband has a form of Alzheimers, he is 70, and before this hit him he was better than me at all this stuff. He was a scientist with a PhD, held a high powered job and was hihgly intelligent. At the support group we go to there is an ex maths professor who has written text books and various other highly intelligent people. I am very suspicious of all this stuff. What are they trying to sell. My mum had vascular dementia and was again an intelligent lady who could fly through crosswords and was a whizz at mental arithmatic until this dreadful illness got her. I am sure you cannot train your brain to avoid Alzheimers or Dementia and would put this stuff on a par with cancer patients being told they can sort it out with crank diets. Do you not think if it was really the case that people who suffered from Alzheimers or dementia could be diagnosed early by something as simple as this it would not of been picked up before.

14. Gill66

Gill66 Registered User

Oct 31, 2010
    I am suitably happy with a score of 88. Use a mouse, it's a lot easier. With a history of dementia in the family i feel quite content this evening :)

15. ali h

ali h Registered User

Oct 14, 2010
    Norwich
    foodforthebrain

I did the test and scored 57 but it is hard

16. ali h

ali h Registered User

Oct 14, 2010
    Norwich
    You have done really well to get that score

17. Jess26

Jess26 Registered User

Jan 5, 2011
    Kent
    I scored 56 on my PC

which is apparently slightly above average for my age, quiet pleased with that :D

I too only managed to do 1 1/2 columns on a couple of them

18. thesmiths

thesmiths Registered User

Sep 23, 2010
    I'm 38 yo and scored 78 using a mousepad on my laptop.

19. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    I can't believe you are all doing this - haven't we got enough to worry about? !!!
    :eek:

20. snedds57

snedds57 Registered User

Jun 15, 2011
    Berwick upon Tweed
    I have just done it..quite enjoyed the challenge of it...got a more than acceptable score for my age at 53/110 but would have done better if they had told me at the start that I had to remember which row of the grid all the items were placed because I hadn't paid attention to that! It does say it is more mouse friendly than touch pad/screen.

Personally I would take it all with a large pinch of salt (or maybe that should be small glass of red wine!). My partner did an autism test in a similar way and his score came back as standard for a high functioning autistic person. We did suspect he would score a low score as he has a very unusual brain! I have forwarded the link on to him to try...will let you all know how he gets on!:D:D