Some sort of fit??

Red Eyes

Jun 15, 2019
I would like to hear if anyone has had a similar experience. My husband was sleeping in his chair. I was trying to get some breakfast ready and start waking him up. He started having some sort of severe muscle spasms. Would not talk, just sort of moaning, gripping the chair. I started holding him and comforting him. He starts crying to please help him. It's sort of like his body seizes up and he can't communicate. He tries to move but doesn't seem able to. He has had varying degrees of this before but probably not so long. He is settled again now sound asleep. So I was just wondering if these are some sort of fits and do they just get worse.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hello @Red Eyes welcome to the forum.

It sounds as though it might be a fit or a TIA if your husband has vascular dementia but I’m not medically qualified. Have you spoken to his GP?

Why don’t you call 111 for advice?

Red Eyes

Jun 15, 2019
Thank you Bunpoots, I will bring it up with the Dr. just thought maybe this might be common and is yet another of the effects of this horrendous disease.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I hope your husband’s feeling better now @Red Eyes and his doctor can shed some light on what it is. It must be frightening to witness. My dad and my aunt both had occasional “funny turns” but nothing on a regular basis and both different to what you describe.

It is an awful disease and we’re all just left to muddle through as best we can.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
That is scary for you both, @Red Eyes. It may not be the same thing, but my OH had a similar fit about 6 years ago which followed a run of UTIs .After a few weeks in hospital the doctors put her on epilepsy medication as a precaution.
I hope you have managed to speak to your husband's GP now and he can help.

Red Eyes

Jun 15, 2019
That is scary for you both, @Red Eyes. It may not be the same thing, but my OH had a similar fit about 6 years ago which followed a run of UTIs .After a few weeks in hospital the doctors put her on epilepsy medication as a precaution.
I hope you have managed to speak to your husband's GP now and he can help.
Thank you so much for the tip. I hadn't thought of that. I am meeting with the GP Thur to go over quite a few things. His Alzheimer's seems to be on the move. He had been in mid stages but seems to be changing.