Some progress

Loiner

Oct 29, 2005
Leeds, UK
Ok, my GP came monday to talk to mum and agreed to get a psychiatrist out to see her. It was quick, the Psychiatrist has just left.
She thinks, despite the hospital consultant saying mum hadn't had a stroke, that mum may have had a minor stroke and they should of done a CT scan.
She's going to arrange for mum to have one and thinks mum has Vascular Dementia. After the scan she will come and see mum again, so at least some progress which is a relief

David

twink

Oct 28, 2005
Cambridgeshire UK
Hi David,

Glad to hear you have made this progress. I wish I could find out what type Steve has, everyone mentions vascular or different ones and I still don't know which type Steve has. How do I find out please???

Sue

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi David, at last, someone is taking notice of what you are saying. Definately, what a relief! So often carers who know the sufferer best are totally ignored by those in authority who make snap judgements on what is wrong, without taking a good look at the bigger picture first. Well done for sticking at it. I do hope you will soon be able to get a firm diagnoses of what is wrong. Once you have that, you can start thinking how best to handle things and prepare for the future. Let us know how it goes please. Love She. XX

Loiner

Oct 29, 2005
Leeds, UK
ty both.
Doc has already diagnosed Vascular dementia, she says its a clinical diagnosis, its just whether there's any evidence of changes in mums brain that might point to causes cause if it was caused by a stroke, then clot busting meds are indicated to prevent further ones.
We'll see anyway, she said she'd call again to see us after mum goes for her CT scan then get CPN involved too.

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Oh I see, well it does sound like they are trying to get her as much help as they can doesn't it, thats good for both of you. Love She. XX