Some Good News For A Change

maggier

Jan 9, 2006
manchester
Hi everyone, Just had to share our good news, My husband and I have just become grandparents for the first time, we have a beautiful baby granddaughter named Faith (good name eh!) and this makes my mum a great grandma for the first time. Mum has vascular dementia and for the past several months we have been struggling a bit with each new challenge that has been thrown at us. Anyway you all know how awkward they can appear to be (not really awkward but the dementia rearing it's ugly head) well , when my son and his girlfriend visited mum with the new baby her face absolutely lit up. It was like she was 5 years younger and you would not have thought there was anything wrong with her at all. She sat and nursed the baby, and kept saying how beautiful she was. We were there quite a while with her and she was brilliant. That night when my brother went to see mum she told him all about the baby and what colour her hair was and how bonny she was. (mum always loved babies and was a brilliant nanna to all her grandchildren)

It just proves to me that mum is still there somewhere and since the visit she has been very bright and quite bubbly. It has obviously done her the world of good!! can't wait for their next visit.

Hope you don't mind me posting this here, but felt I wanted to share this with you all.

Love

Maggie x x x:)

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
maggier said:
Hope you don't mind me posting this here, but felt I wanted to share this with you all.

Why should anyone mind... and if they do they'll have me to answer to!!! :D

You must be chuffed to bits! That's excellent news!

Best wishes to you all!

:)

N.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Congratulations!

News of a new baby is always good, isn't it, but this especially so!

Thanks for sharing (just brought a little tear to my eye!),

Love, Tender Face

jakky

Jan 30, 2006
Staffs
Maggier

Super news, well pleased for ya, and congratulations also...

ditto your quote after such a great day

"It just proves to me that mum is still there somewhere", always remembered

As our loved ones fight on, "we...(as carers)... don`t do things wrong, just differently"

take care

jakky

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Congratulations grandma! What are you going to be called? Thank you for sharing the news; the good thing about TP is that we can share the highs and the lows.
Amy

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Congratulations Maggie, it's great to hear how good your mum was with the baby.

My mum has 2 great grandchildren but has only seen one of them and only a handful of times at that. My niece had her second child around June last year and when she sent my mum a birthday card in July promised to bring the children to see my mum 'soon'. She's still waiting and I am sure it would mean a great deal to her to see them. Also, my aunt visited her the other week and then said she had to get home to look after her grandchild, which would be my mum's great niece. I wondered why on earth they couldn't have brought the baby to see her. I am sure a lot of the old people would love to see the babies. My mum was even cooing over Tracey Barlow/s daughter on Coronation Street the other night!

jude1950

Mar 23, 2006
Lincolnshire
Congratulations hope mother and baby and grandparents are all doing fine....I am expecting Grandchild number 7 any day now can't wait. love Judith

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Many congratulations Maggie, what a picture for you to treasure. Your Mum contentedly cuddling her great grand-daughter.... Lovely:)

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Must add my congratulations Maggie ! How very wonderful for you and your Mom and I hope you got some generation pictures to treasure of the event!
Debbie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet