socks that won't hurt

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Hi Everyone,

I think I read in another thread something about socks that don't cut into the leg, but I can't find it again.

No matter how loose or soft the socks are Mum always has a ring from the impression of the top of the socks, her legs tend to swell during the day.

Are there special socks that can help this? She only likes to wear trousers so socks are an everyday thing.

Thank you.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Magic,

Have a look for 'fall down' type socks. They are the sort that you wear with boots and are very loose at the top. Sainsbury's sell them, as do Tesco.

Jude

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Thanks Jude, have also found the cosyfeet site since posting this. It was way back on the resources site.

Took mum home from respite yesterday, so everything a bit hectic again!

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Dear Magic,the cosytoes site is brill they have got just what you need i had some socks for mum and they have been great. Hope everything settles down for you soon. storm

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Thanks Storm. Nearly had a heart attack this morning when we got the bill in for mum's 5 week stay in respite!
It's cheaper to just have a breakdown!

thompsonsom

Jul 4, 2004
halifax
hi Mjaqmac

Know just what you mean about the bill for respite, makes you think doesn't it, why we are not entitled to same amount each week as carers.

Janice