social worker and support group

Peterac

Feb 9, 2004
Coventry
I took a day off work to me the social worker and the support group. . It was not really worth it for the social worker who kept saying varioius official statements. Which was basically if there was any trouble he would have to come round and investigate Although he and the psychiatrist are coming later.

The support meeting in Coventry which I had not bothered with was much more helpful. I was amazed how the people there were caring people so much like my Teresa. I would like next time for us to make a some collective actions. Anyone done anything along these line as the meeting really did not go much beyond introduction. My ideas would be an exercise in how one did put someone in a home if it came to it. Investigation into day centers, the people who proved helpful. The leader has promise to see me.

Hope this encourages people to go there local support group and others to share their experiences of support groups

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Peterac,

Well done! You really do need all the help you can get and the earlier you find out what's available, the better.

The Consultant Psychiatrist and social workers are there to help you, so don't be afraid to ask questions and ring them up any time.

Best wishes, Jude